We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Holidays Cruise with Young Teenagers

A S
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Holidays Cruise with Young Teenagers

I have been looking at cruises around the Med during August for a family of 4. There isn't much availability as I have left it late to book. I've been advised that Royal Caribbean would be the best for kids' entertainment but the best deal I can find is with The Silhouette - Celebrity Cruises. I'd appreciate any feedback on how suitable this would be for a 12 and 14 year old.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Holidays Cruise with Young Teenagers

Generally for teens the bigger the ship the better although in August they won't have difficulty meeting others on Silhouette.However she is one of Celebrity's smaller ships.And I agree Royal Caribbean has the most manmade onboard entertainments for children.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,637 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Holidays Cruise with Young Teenagers

If the cruise is port intensive how much time will they be onboard ?

Most of the time you are ashore most of the day then return to shower & change for dinner then maybe see the show & off to bed to get up early & do it all over again the next day.

Check the times in port ..if you have more time during the day on the ship pick RCL or NCL

they both have several ship sailing in the Med just depends on the ports you are interested in

Even Princess or Disney might work for you

Edited: 13 May 2014, 17:46
Leeds, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Holidays Cruise with Young Teenagers

|Hi. Have done several Celebrity cruises since our daughter was 12. She is now 17. Have also cruised with P & 0 and R.C. I think it depends on your children and only you will know the answer to this. Do they need non stop activities and gadgets? If the answer is yes than R.C. will probably suit them better. However, our daughter prefers celebrity. During Aug there will be many young teens onboard ship. They do have teens clubs with many activities scheduled but what we find is that they just want to hang out together and chat! Walking around the ship and calling in at all the food outlets. If I could offer one piece of advice and that is to ensure they attend the meet and greet at the teen club around 8pm on the first evening. This is when friendships are formed, cabin numbers are exchanged and arrangements made to meet up again each day. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,009 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer Holidays Cruise with Young Teenagers

I wish I had been able to start cruising when I was 12. Am I too old for you to adopt me now....LOL

5. Re: Summer Holidays Cruise with Young Teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17