We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else having issues with refunds excursions

Brattleboro, Vermont
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else having issues with refunds excursions

I called on May 1 and cancelled an excursion to change to another. They promptly charged me for the new one but still haven't credited me for what was cancelled. I called on the 9th and without asking my name/confirmation number told me there had been issues with the system and that I should be getting it by the 10th day since I cancelled. Still nothing.... not impressed.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else having issues with refunds excursions

Who did you book your excursion with?

Brattleboro, Vermont
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else having issues with refunds excursions

Through Holland America. I wrote an email on it yesterday (day 14)and haven't heard back yet.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
4,623 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else having issues with refunds excursions

Did you use AMEX CC ?

i have heard from some that it will take a billing cycle before refunds show up

Sometimes with some cruise lines it takes a few weeks for the refund to be processed not sure with HAL

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,927 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else having issues with refunds excursions

Well you can (and should) call your credit card company and dispute the charge. That is quite simple and then the cc company will pursue it for you.

5. Re: Anyone else having issues with refunds excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17