We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

We're planning one for next year. Just wondering what they are like in terms of quality of rooms, food, kids activities, etc.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

I haven't but I know it is discussed in the Orlando forum quite often. I saw one recently. If you put the words in the search box in that forum several threads will probably come up that you can read while waiting for answers here.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

check out boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

We just took a 7 day Western Carribbean cruise aboard the Disney Magic. We have 3 teenagers and I'm more than happy to tell you that we had a WONDERFUL time. The food was wonderful, there was an abundance of activities planned for everyone (from toddler to adult) and the magic of Disney is everyone!

I can't say enough about our trip...Disney really outdoes itself. Our rooms were spacious (we had 2 deluxe oceanview rooms) and our room attendant was a true gem. She was always visible and she took the time to learn all of our names and she always had time to say hello and chat. The same holds true for our wait staff (they stay with you the entire cruise and go from restaurant to restaurant with you)..we felt like they had become friends and it was sad saying goodbye to them on the last night.

I highly recommend the adult dinner at Palo...an absolute must! (The chocolate souffle is unbelievable).

This was our first cruise ever and before it was finished, we were already talking about "next time."

I could go on and on by there's limited space! :-)

I will tell you though that Castaway Cay-Disney's private island in the Bahamas is simply beautiful! Your family will love it!

Hope this helps...enjoy your cruise..maybe we'll see you on it!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
299 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

We did a 3-night one with husband , two boys (5) (10mths) and myself. Most relaxing vacation!!! Kids did not want to leave the kid's clubs and nursery, husband and I had each evening to ourselves. Food was good, room...cat 4...was nice (starboard side has better views) and servic was excellemt.

Don't hesitate...book now!

Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

We went last September and it was the best cruise ever! The staff waits on you everywhere you go. The kids activities are excellent. The staff in the dining rooms do everything for the children including cutting the food up for them and pouring the ketchup. Our room was spacious and they decorated it for my husband's birthday. I went to the salon and it was great. I wished I would have booked for a future cruise while on board, they were offering a $200 credit. I can go on for hours about them. Planning a cruise for next year and can not wait!

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

what a great fog horn ;)........sorry haven't sail on her, would love to though, we were docked next to her in Nassau, looked fun.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

Awsome replies. My wife has been doing so much research on it we can't wait to go even though we are planning it for 2 years from now.

We didn't know about the views port or starboard so this was great. We've already decided on a cat 5 or 6 room basically because when the children are sleeping we want to be outside but close to them.

Looks like we might be looking at 2 cruises, one for the family and one for ourselves. I think the one for ourselves might come sooner.

Cheers and thanks for the help

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

Awsome replies. My wife has been doing so much research on it we can't wait to go even though we are planning it for 2 years from now.

We didn't know about the views port or starboard so this was great. We've already decided on a cat 5 or 6 room basically because when the children are sleeping we want to be outside but close to them.

Looks like we might be looking at 2 cruises, one for the family and one for ourselves. I think the one for ourselves might come sooner.

Cheers and thanks for the help

Pacific Northwest
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

We had a group of 16 with 5 cabins of all categories. Rooms were great, bigger than most cruise lines. Everyone had a fabulous time. The teenagers still email friends they met on the cruise and cried when it was over. Castaway Cay was the hands down favorite for all. The food and service at Palo's was beyond compare. Going to do it all over again in 2008!

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone taken a Disney cruise?

2008 is when we want to go! Haven't decided on a month yet.