We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruising with teenage girls.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cruising with teenage girls.

I am planning on taking a cruise to Alaska next year in July or August with my husband and teenage daughters . Any tips on the best Cruise ships and dates? I want to see whales and the kids have never seen snow, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Carlsbad NM
Level Contributor
1 post
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruising with teenage girls.

We just finished an Alaskan cruise in the Carnival Miracle. After leaving Seattle, it was one day at sea. The next day, it was the Tracy Arm fjord. Very impressive. Several glaciers and small icebergs. Plenty of snow on the mountains. It was s sunny day and weather was not too cold. Whales were spotted throughout the cruise and harbor seals and eagles abound. Skagway: very small town. Train excursion was very pleasurable.

Juneau: state Capitol. Lots of shops. I realize teenage kids probably wouldn't be interested, but we took the Glacier Gardens and Alaskan brewery company tour. The gardens were beautiful. Look up the upside down trees.

The next sea day was foggy and 15 foot waves so we had to slow down and got to Victoria Canada late. Visited downtown Victoria to find souvenir shops carried the same things in each store we stopped in. They accept American mony but your change is given in Canadian money.

Our group of six really enjoyed the Miracle and Alaska. Thinking about going again and taking the rest of the family along.

Hope this helps.

2. Re: Cruising with teenage girls.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:17