We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

celebrity eclipse cruise ship

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
celebrity eclipse cruise ship

Has anyone travelled on this ship ? Can you recommend it ?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

Yes and yes.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

Thanks that is what I was hoping

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

avoid that ship at all costs. The costumer relations management team will do whatever they can to intimidate you, bully you to avoid actually doing their job. Our cruise was a nightmare. I will be happy to include all the details if you would like. I say all this after 22 cruises with Celebrity. all good things must come to an end

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

Oh dear. Did I get it wrong with my experiences on our Eclipse cruise last year to Norwegian Fjords? What didn't I do that would have seen me bullied and intimidated?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
47,998 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

Were we also wrong to enjoy our cruise on that ship last year? Some relatives also travelled on her and also had a wonderful time after we did. That's not to say everything was absolutely perfect, but it was a very long way off being a nightmare.

Some details of what went wrong might be nice.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

We just got back from our 12th Cruise, my 8th cruise on Celebrity. This time we were on Celebrity Eclipse (for the 2nd time in 2 years on the Southern Caribbean route). Something has gone terribly wrong with the food in the main dining room. On all previous cruises we have consistently found Celebrity food to be among the best. When cruising, we especially look forward to a great meal every evening. But not this time. I can honestly say the food in the 24-hour buffer was better. The food in the main dining room felt like catering food - not fine dining. We even considered eating dinner in the buffer instead of the main dining room because it was that much better. This is a great shame because, for us, it means Celebrity has lost their edge. They are now just like any other run-of-the-mill large cruise line and therefore not worth paying any extra for. Everywhere we looked on the ship we saw cut-backs and cost-savings and, alas, it shows. So having been die-hard Celebrity fans, we are now looking at other lines for our next cruise. Perhaps this is just a problem with Eclipse this season. I hope so because the last 10 years have been fabulous and I would hate to think it is all over.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

Hi Abberobics.

Come on please give your detailed reasons for your comments. My wife and I are considering the long journey from Australia to Miami to do a 14 night Caribbean Cruise on the Eclipse. You have certainly got our attention.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

Please let me know what you discover with other cruise lines…because we can't wait to go back on a cruise and I celebrity is out of the running for us!!!!!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

If Celebrity is in your affordability band it would be reckless to rule them out because of the negatives on this thread. For us Celebrity is the best at the price and the Solstice-class ships (which include Eclipse) are top range. It may not be important to you but the bathrooms are so good and spacious. We have enjoyed 1 cruise on Equinox and 2 on Eclipse.The lesson I learned is don't pay for the Concierge Class and the Blue looks good.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: celebrity eclipse cruise ship

I think we will run with what WirralScouse is saying and GO. I have read to many good reviews about Celebrity and in particular the Eclipse to stop me from cruising on her.

Thanks Wirral.

Cheers Bob & Chris.