We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Trip Insurance with real coverage?

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
87 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Any Trip Insurance with real coverage?

Anyone dealing with trip insurance Companies that reimbursed for airfare and river cruise costs when trip is interrupted, or cancelled for any reason? If we need medical assistance or cost reimbursement? We're almost 70 with age 90 parents. We would like to know if I can trust an insurance company to reimburse travel costs if we cancel airfare and a river cruise in 2015? I am only aware of American Express and they stopped.

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
4,970 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Trip Insurance with real coverage?

I got my most recent "cancel for any reason" insurance from www.insuremytrip when I was travelling with a chemo patient, but we didn't have to use it. However, I found the agents *extremely* frank and helpful when I called for clarification. No nonsense.

The one time I had to use my coverage, I was covered by Holland America Line. They offer FARE protection that isn't actual insurance, but also comes with a (mediocre) insurance policy (Platinum Cruise Protection Policy). I got my money back within 10 days, no problems.

I was travelling with my parents, and Mom fell and broke her arm in the airport. The airline (Delta) gave a refund of my "no refund" fares for compassionate reasons.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
4,623 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Trip Insurance with real coverage?

we used a company underwritten by Global excel they paid up once all the documents where submitted

Not sure if they have cancel for any reason though

try insuremytrip or squaremouth & read the fine print of the policies

3. Re: Any Trip Insurance with real coverage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:16