We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson celabration caribbean cruise

england
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
thomson celabration caribbean cruise

Hi

Planning to go Apr 2015 is it worth paying the extra £147 for a picture window room on deck 6 i just worried all i would see is the lifeboat outside and dont rearly want to pay another £42 to pre-book a cabin also what type of plugs can you use in the cabin??

Thankyou in advance

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
741 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson celabration caribbean cruise

We were in an inside cabin on The Celebration in May/June this year and while we were perfectly satisfied with the cabin for what we paid, we both said it would be nice to have a window.

Having said that, and this is personal opinion of course, we wouldn't pay an extra £147 for one.

You have to ask yourself how long you are actually going to spend in your cabin and how long looking out of the window and if it's worth £21 a day (if it's a 7 day cruise) for the privilege especially if you might end up with a resticted view anyway.

The sockets were the 2 holed round continental type ones so a 3 pin adapter is required.

england
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomson celabration caribbean cruise

thanks mate but booked the £147 room as its a bit bigger and has a bath for the wife we checked the view from the room we booked which cost another £42 and only restriction is you overlook the top of a lifeboat BTW is topless bathing allowed onboard(wife I mean)

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
741 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomson celabration caribbean cruise

Fair enough,each to their own, sure you will enjoy it.

Not sure if topless bathing is 'allowed' or not, but it didn't seem to be the norm as I didn't notice any topless females onboard (erm, not that I was looking out for any of course )

Edited: 19 July 2014, 21:13
england
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomson celabration caribbean cruise

lol its just that when we were on on the island escape she went topless and then a note was put thru our door hst it was only allowed on deck 10

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomson celabration caribbean cruise

Maybe she wasn't pretty enough.

Ulverston, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: thomson celabration caribbean cruise

we have booked a carabbean cruise on thomson celibration on the 30th of november 2014. the ship has been upgraded to a platinum. what is the difference and could you tell me what airline we will be flying on. thankyou

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomson celabration caribbean cruise

Chances are you will be flying with Thomson Airways as wherever possible Thomson (TUI) prefer to keep all aspects of your fly cruise in-house.I think Platinum status includes a tea/coffee tray in cabin and a "Good Night" chocolate on your pillows.

8. Re: thomson celabration caribbean cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2015, 05:15