We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GCT river cruise on the Rhine

Davis, CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
GCT river cruise on the Rhine

I would just like to hear from someone who has taken a GCT Rhine River cruise. What it is like, the food and the places of interest would help me make up my mind as to whether or not I want to go.

I have been looking into the one for the Rhine and Mosel rivers.

Thank you.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: GCT river cruise on the Rhine

Because no one has replayed. Try cruise critic message boards, special interest crusising, river cruises.

European river cruise are all very similar reguardless of the company you go with. The food will be very good. The trip will be the most relaxing you have ever been on.

The only problem you might have would be high or low water when the ship can't move, then they put you on buses.

Have fun.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GCT river cruise on the Rhine

Carhar,

Go to www.cruisecritic.com and you will find quite a bit of information posted there on river cruises. I was researching them for a while and got lots of stuff from that site.

When you get to the main page, click open the "Boards" category at the top left-hand side of the page, scroll down to the "Special Interest" area, then click the river cruises.

Hope this helps!

May

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,570 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GCT river cruise on the Rhine

The Grand Circle ships have convertible sofas for beds. Check out the photos. Most other companies have real (comfortable) beds. GCT costs less but you get what you pay for. However, if you have never been on a river cruise before, it is so nice that you might not notice what you are missing.

High and low water levels on the rivers is the equivalent (well not really) of the hurricane and the Caribbean. Choose an American co. with a lot of ships and a lot of experience on the rivers.

FYI, Sept. is high season for Europe river cruises. Just the opposite of the mega ships.

4. Re: GCT river cruise on the Rhine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2007, 08:54
5. Re: GCT river cruise on the Rhine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 07:20