We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holland America Med cruise - anyone gone?

Westcoast_Girl
Level Contributor
314 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Holland America Med cruise - anyone gone?

My parents are thinking of going on their 2nd cruise (1st was Panama Canal) in May 2007 to the Mediterranean. 10 days, lots of ports - they are worried it is too many stops jammed into the 10 days.

My question is - does anyone have an opinion about this cruise or has done it and can give some good review or advice? I am thinking some places are not worth major excursion time, but wonder about some of the ports. The ports are Rome, Monaco, Barcelona, Mallorca, Florence (you bus in from the port), Sicily, Tunisia.....

Would love anyone's take on this trip.

Thanks!

Phila. USA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Holland America Med cruise - anyone gone?

Hi,

here is a link to a travelog with some good info. We are looking for something like this for June '07 Let us know if you find a good one.

Joe& Deb

http://www.fortogden.com/medcruise.html

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holland America Med cruise - anyone gone?

Hi VanBC girl,

We did a similar cruise last October and had a lot of port stops. It is hectic but you can plan how you want to visit each port. Some of the places you listed could probably be seen in a half-day tour or do-it-yourself touring. We have been to most of the ports and they are all worth seeing! Great itinerary! The adrenilin (sp?) really flows when you get on that ship and see all the wonderful ports. They won't want to miss anything!

Rome, of course, there would never be enough time to see things there. One day in port certainly won't allow them much sightseeing time. If that is where the ship is departing, then I would definitely recommend arriving in Rome 2-3 days prior to cruise time to see as much as they can.

I would suggest that you go to www.cruisecritic.com and go to the Boards column (top left side of page), open that and scroll down to the Europe boards. You will find a ton of info there on the different ports. You can also search the "Roll Calls" and look for the cruise line and ship and date of the cruise and see who else is going and what suggestions they might have. May be able to book some tours w/ others also.

Good luck. Feel feel to ask any other questions on the particular ports.

May

3. Re: Holland America Med cruise - anyone gone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 08:19