We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs in Civitivecchia

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
202 posts
302 reviews
Save Topic
Customs in Civitivecchia

Due to an early flight, we need to disembark from our cruise very early in the morning, around 5:30 a.m. Carnival Cruise lines said that will not be a problem, just to let them know. We are arranging private transportation to pick us up and drive us to the airport. What about customs? Are there people there to check us through at that time of day? This has me worried, since we have only cruised once before and not out of Civitivecchia. Our flight is at 9:45 a.m. in Rome. Thanks for any assistance in helping me calm my nerves about not making the plane! I would never hear the end of it from my husband, who is a nervous flyer.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customs in Civitivecchia

Hi QueenMimi,

If you are disembarking that early from the ship, then you should not have a problem making your flight! Take a deep breath & relax!

If you are having a private driver pick you up, just be sure that you specify the time you want him at the pier. It is about an hour and a half drive to the airport. You will be dropped off at the terminal (international flights) and should have no problem checking in that early in the day. You won't need to worry about customs at that point. You will have to clear customs when you reach your final destination airport. They will give you customs declaration forms on your flight to fill out and you will hand them in to the customs official when you arrive back home. Very simple process.

When we arrived at FCO airport, we went to our airline terminal and they had officials there who helped us check in at a kiosk. Then we just went to the airline desk and picked up our boarding passes. Not more than 15 min. at the most. We had plenty of time to wait for our flight home. You will have to go upstairs to your boarding gate area.

Once you get to your terminal to wait for your departing flight, I would suggest that you check the departure screen every once in a while to make sure they didn't change your terminal gate. This happened to us and if my husband hadn't gone to check to see if our flight was on time, we would probably have missed our flight. You are departing early in the morning so should not have any problem.

Enjoy your cruise.

May

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
202 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Customs in Civitivecchia

May,

Thank you so much for the information. I will print it up and keep it in my travel file. It certainly has let me relax a little about this. I didn't want to keep worrying the whole trip about the process for disembarking and customs. Thanks again!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customs in Civitivecchia

Your welcome. No worrying is allowed on vacation! LOL

You will have a wonderful cruise.

May

P.S. What ports are you visiting? I may be able to give you info on sightseeing, etc. if we have been to the same ports.

4. Re: Customs in Civitivecchia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 02:16