We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irons- Voyager of Seas

lincoln england
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Topic
Irons- Voyager of Seas

HI,

are irons available to use on v.o.s i have discovered from another

forum that they dont allow you to use travel irons in cabins and confiscate them till the end of the cruise.

thanks

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,469 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Irons- Voyager of Seas

A large number of the lines are even doing away with them in the laundry rooms, due to fire hazzards. Not sure about Voyager...you might call to be sure.

Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irons- Voyager of Seas

We were on Voyager in October. There were no irons. I think they discourage their use, but have not heard of them being confiscated. I brought one once on another cruise and never used it. I have used my hair curling/flat iron to do touch ups on collars etc. It works pretty well. Another trick is to hang your item inside the bathroom (on the door) while you shower. The steam from the shower will take most of the wrinkles out. I generally take stuff that doesn't wrinkle.

canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Irons- Voyager of Seas

none of the RCCL ships (including V.O.S) have irons in the rooms because of potential fire hazards. As alongcamejones has indicated, we also just steam out any wrinkles while showering. There is also a laundry service on board that will press your clothes for a small fee.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Irons- Voyager of Seas

I travelled on Voyager in 2004 and as everyone else has reported, no irons in the rooms. I packed a travel iron in my luggage and it was not confiscated, but I have to admit that packing wrinkle-free clothing and hanging items in the bathroom generally a better bet. Whilst it was handy for ironing shirts on formal nights, for the most part I find the irons really don't get hot enough and it's always a struggle finding somewhere firm and flat to iron. Happy travels.

5. Re: Irons- Voyager of Seas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 23:16