We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Premium cabin service

Kent UK
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thomson Premium cabin service

Hi, its our first time flying premium and really looking forward to it. Has anyone flown Thomson longhaul premium recently ?

Without sounding like an alcoholic...how does the bar service work? I only say, because we usually fly with Virgin where you can either call the stewerdess anytime for drinks or just walk to the galley and ask. But I heard someone say that on a Thomson flight, drinks were only served when the crew did a trolley run through the plane ! Hopefully thats not true !

Napoli
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

Hia i fly Thomson premium on a regular basis and how the bar service works is extremely simple! they do pre take off drinks then a bar service after take off! after that your drinks are on demand! you can press the call bell and the crew will bring them to you or you can simply go to the galley and ask the crew.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

Hi there, I can second that, we have flown thomson premium 8 times in the last 3 years and they are great. Drinks on demand and usually great crew and pause/rewind your film's if you need to.

I would give you one tip though, ring and book your actual seats together with thomsonfly. It will cost around £5.00 per person per flight and it will guarantee you sit together, as the configuration is 2-3-2 and we have been split up before to sit in front/behind of each other in the 3 seats.

If you need any further help, please pm me.

Best regards.

Deana

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

Do you have a phone number to pre-book the seats together?

Thanks

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

Hi there, The number is 0871 231 4787 to pre-book seats, let me know if you need any other help.

Deana

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

Thanks Deana - we have upgraded and pre-booked our seats now - it was an extra £5 each each way, but I think that's worth it on a long flight - glad I knew about it beforehand to ask though, as the girl at Thomsons didn't know you could do that until I told her I had seen it on here!

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

No problem - hope you have a fab holiday!!

rochdale
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

just been reading about the premium upgrade. Have upgraded and booked seats 2a and 2b are these seats o.k. or would seats 3a and 3b have been better, any help appreciated.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,294 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

I have answered you on your other thread.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

Hi enaje

It is a matter of preference and which plane you are on.

If it's an ex first choice plane, I would change to 3 a & b only because I think they are cramped in front of you with the wall so you can't stretch out as much and you have your tv & tray table in your chair arms which is a little awkward. However if its an ex thompson plane they are great seats because the tv is on the wall in front of you and there is more room but I'm sure if it is an ex thomson plane it would be 2 a & c (from memory).

I would ring thomsonfly and ask an advisor which plane it is or go to the holiday truth website in flight only then into thomsonfly and ask in there as they are very helpful and know which planes run on which routes.

Hope it helps but it is a matter of personal preference and as long as you get a window seat it is a great flight.

Also the prebookable seats online is now free to premium passengers which is a bonus!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Premium cabin service

Hi we are in the same boat as orignal poster usually fly virgin premium so relieved to hear positive feedback couple of questions:

We are flying to cancun in Oct - does anyone have any idea what tyoe of aircraft is used? ?767 and is it an ex first choice plane or thomson.

Someone mentioned about booking seats free how far in advance can you reserve your seats? My husband is 6 foof 5 so as much room as poss needed - any suggestions which seats would be good. Quiet often we choose the back seats as you can recline without disturbing people however aware on some aircraft receline position can be less depending on what is behind.

Any help and more info much appreciated

Get answers to your questions