We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which seats are better?

USA
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which seats are better?

My parents are traveling to Hawaii next March in FIRST CLASS for 1st time in their lives! Only available seats for Delta flight # 1196 (traveling back from Hawaii to LAX) are either Row 6 C&D or Row 1 C&D. Plane is a Delta 757 - can't tell what model. But Row 6 is across from a galley and Row 1 is behind a galley. Which row would be better for them. They are elderly, celebrating 65th wedding anniversary. Thank you for any wisdom you can provide!

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which seats are better?

Hopefully someone familiar with DL wil be along to reply, but if no luck here, try the DL forum at flyertalk.com

**Caveat - I'm not familiar with DL** - personally I avoid row 1 seats (unless long-haul, obviously!), because the bulkhead means I can't straighten my legs, and because tray tables will be in the arm rest, thus narrowing the seat. These may or may not be issues for your folks...

Look also at seatguru and seatexpert maps

Hope they enjoy it!

USA
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which seats are better?

Thanks for the suggestions - have posted on FlyerTalk and posed question to SeatExpert but no replies as yet. Decided to switch them to Row 1 since it is closer to the bathroom and with a wall btw them and galley. Other galley being right across from Row 6 seemed worse. Went on Delta part of SeatGuru and there doesn't seem to be a 757 with the exact layout of the plane they're on. Still welcome any further suggestions. Thanks!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,071 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which seats are better?

I don't like row on shorthaul aircraft like this as there is no underseat storage, you can't place items on the floor, and usually crew put safety demo equipment or other miscellaneous items in these overhead lockers.

4. Re: Which seats are better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 05:23