We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Class British Airways

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Class British Airways

We are Flying from LHR to San diego sept 2011 and return from miami to LHR early Oct

Can anyone adsvise if the direct flight to SD will have the new first class cabins (we have airmiles to travel 1st Class) or do we need to go via LAX to get the new cabins

Also confirm if the miami return route will have the new 1st class cabins

We need to book fairly quick as there are not many airmiles seats any info greatly appreciated

regards ellie

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,584 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Class British Airways

If you don't get a detailed reply soon then look at

http://www.flyertalk.com

under Airline Programs-British Airways

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Class British Airways

Speedbird's more at home in the rarified environs of BA F than most here and will hopefully be along to advise soon, but my understanding is that you have a pretty small chance of the new F, as it's only been installed in a handfull of planes to date.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Class British Airways

New First isn't dedicated to any given route. There are currently 6 777-200s, 2 777-300s and 8 747s with new First with another 2 747s due to come online imminently.

That said San Diego is due to be operated by a 3 class 777, so no First cabin. Of the 'western' US cities you'd need to go to LAX, SFO, PHX, DFW, IAH or SEA to fly First. You can see a historical view of aircraft movements on this site:

http://ftdashboard.net/overview/baflights.htm

I got new First on a flight a few weeks ago and didn't know it until I saw the aircraft parked at the gate (as every third window is blanked out) so it's certainly far from guaranteed. Although you can email YouFirst (the concierge service for F passengers) a day before travel and they should be able to indicate whether or not your flight will have it. That said by September next year a decent proportion of the longhaul fleet should be operating.

4. Re: First Class British Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 12:06
UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First Class British Airways

thanks for the response we are flying into LAX 19th sept and out of Miami 8th Oct

What are the chances of the new first i dont quite infact dont at all understand the flashboard

regards ellie

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Class British Airways

What are the chances of the new first i dont quite infact dont at all understand the flashboard

The more turqoise squares, the higher the chance you'll get new First. The reality is though that between now and September a lot more aircraft will have NF. I've flown NF and old First and the differences aren't that huge.

Check the ftdashboard site a couple of weeks before you fly and you'll have a much better idea of the probability of getting the new seats. Sure it's a better product but it's certainly not worth worrying for the next 9 months over!!!

Edited: 19 December 2010, 22:26
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,651 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Class British Airways

flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executiv… FTers are usually good about keeping the threads about new cabins updated, so check back there nearer your travel date to see if you'll fly in NF.

After having peeked into the old F cabin (the CSD told me that it was quiet during boarding but got noisy by the swimming pool after cruising altitude was reached - !) I think any F will do. But then I'm also quite happy in Club World, so it remains a YMMV matter.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First Class British Airways

>> Can anyone adsvise if the direct flight to SD will have the new first class cabins (we have airmiles to travel 1st Class) or do we need to go via LAX to get the new cabins <<

Definitely not on SAN. LHR-SAN-LHR is being flown using 3-class 777s, to wit business, premium economy and coach. No first class at all.

9. Re: First Class British Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2011, 06:17