We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontier Airlines A380

KC
Level Contributor
136 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Frontier Airlines A380

anyone flown in one of these lately? We plan to in January on a trip about 1300 miles long. Will try to get one of those stretch seating rows up front. Will bring my GPS just in cast they allow its use inflight.

Sure hope we get those cookies!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

Frontier Airlines do not have A380s. They have an all A318/319/320 fleet.

KC
Level Contributor
136 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

my bad....you are correct...I meant A-320....musta been all that turkey!

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,810 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

Frontier does not allow the use of GPS in flight, according to this site:

http://gpsinformation.net/airgps/airgps.htm

No idea if that is still current, or if the flight attendants will even know their rules. If you do use it, you will need to be in a window seat to get a lock - possibly with the unit right against the window. My Garmin Nuvi can get a lock pretty decently and hold it sitting on the tray table. My Nexus One cell phone GPS is useless in flight.

KC
Level Contributor
136 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

I just now got off the phone with Frontier Airlines customer svc and she said that Frontier DOES allow the use of GPS devices (at cruise) on their airplanes.

There still is, of course, the possibility that some Frontier FAs dont know the new policy.......I'll let you all know what happens.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

I flew Frontier this week, and don't remember any announcements about GPS systems. They just don't want you making phone calls at 30,000 ft.

We got cookies on the leg from California to Ohio. There were no cookies on the Ohio to California return leg.

Edited: 27 November 2010, 02:17
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

According to seat guru, the entire plane seating is 3 and 3 (no first/business), but the first four rows are considered stretch seating with (allegedly) 5 more inches of room.

Here's the info on stretch seating:

frontierairlines.com/frontier/flight-info/st…

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
366 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

My friends have tried GPS receivers and its always been iffy. One even tried his handheld XM radio and service was spotty.

Btw, Stretch seating is definitely worth it!! Its about $25 each person if you check-in at the 24 hour mark (those seats typically will go fast!)

KC
Level Contributor
136 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

i would get stretch seating if i could, but in this case we are flying with Frontier on a charter basis, so we will get whatever seats are not already sold to others. I sure hope i get a window....like to see the the flaps are properly set for landing! I agree that those stretch seats will go fast...about .8 mach at cruise I believe....

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,810 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

Never thought about trying XM in flight. It would probably only work if you were on an east-west flight with a window seat facing south. The XM satellites are geostationary over the equator, so you would need a clear view of the southern sky without a big chunk of aluminum in the way. Sirius satellites are in a polar orbit I believe, so it would be much more variable.

My portable XM was pretty horrible even on the ground without an external antenna. Probably against airline/FAA regulations too.

10. Re: Frontier Airlines A380

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2011, 05:17