We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noisy Flight Crews

Houston, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Noisy Flight Crews

It would be a great addition to your service to be able to tag noisy and discourteous flight crews. Some are really bad and way offset your good seat recommendations. Allen Wilson - Houston

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,787 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

Welcome to TA and the forums. You seem to be under the incorrect impression that this is a link in to SeatGuru. While some of those guys read this forum, this is just a regular TA forum.

On your topic... How would you suggest SeatGuru figure out which noisy people were crew on a specific flight, or route, or day...?

It sounds like there is a story behind your comment. Given that there are tens of thousands of airline employees in the world, I think your best route to correct your issue, when it occurs, is to politely contact the airline in question.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

Hmmm, I thought it was quite a reasonable comment and well placed. Part of the purpose here is to generate discussion. Sitting in the primary door row in most 757s, as an example, can lead to having to sit through private discussions between flight attendants. I'll bet others will have more to offer on the topic.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

See reply #1.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,787 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

And I didn't limit discussion. The questions remain unanswered. We will have to differ on reasonable and well placed.

I don't discount the annoyance of overly loud crew. SeatGuru says that noise from the galley can be disturbing at some seats. OP's suggestion was to add the ability to "tag noisy and discourteous flight crews" which would be completely useless, unless the same crew flew all of the flights of a particular plane type. I know I haven't managed to contravene space-time and I'm sure individual crew members haven't either.

Edited: 01 April 2011, 01:38
Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,264 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

Gotta love the one post vents.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

GeoMedic, do you mean to say that each airline rotates their staff so that they're not indentured for life to the one route? Well, well, well, you learn something new every day :-)

Maybe the OP should just write to each and every airline, requesting they issue a directive to their flight attendants that they only speak in hushed tones at all times, lest they upset anally-retentive passengers.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

I would think if this came to being it would me a majority of 1 flight posters complaining because their hot towel was luke warm, their meal choice was not available or the cabin crew looked funny at them, unfortunately it would probably be possible for airlines to look through and reprimand staff for something that might not be of their doing.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

lets not forget about complaints of really, really serious infringements .... soggy toast!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

I've never come across noisy flight crews, what exactly do you mean by noisy?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Noisy Flight Crews

Ones that hang around chatting to each other, annoying the OP.