We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia Airlines A330-300

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysia Airlines A330-300

Malaysia started using the new A330-300 this week. The seat map is not yet on Seat Guru. Any idea when this will be available?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,542 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

Hi,

You might want to forward this to the seatguru folks directly at help@seatguru.com

Travel Safe,

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

I looked today and it says it has been "added recently" at this link :-

seatguru.com/airlines/Malaysia_Airlines/Mala…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

I've emailed Seat Guru, the seat layout on the above link is not correct as it shows shred tv in economy. The new A330 have personal tvs.

Edited: 29 April 2011, 05:10
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

Seat Guru have replied to an email saying the seat map for the new MH A330-300 is still a way off. However as an agent I did a walk through the other day of this new aircraft from Adelaide and it still has new plane smell.

Please note, row 14 in economy does not have a window. Also, where the plane narrows at the back and the seats go from 4 in the middle to 3, the TV's are not centred for those sitting in the first row of 3 in row 40, as there is a row of four in front of them, the seats are not aligned directly behind the row of four. Not overly pleasant for watching tv.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

@JamboSparoi. Are you sure MH has personal TVs ? When I flew to New Delhi from Kuala Lumpur in the A333, there weren't any personal tvs

Edited: 17 October 2011, 09:11
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

their new a-330's have personal 8.9" ife on every seat in economy,larger in business i think.you may of been on one of their older ones.if you check their website it has all the details.look for new a-330. they have 2 in operation now i think, but seat layout not available anywhere as far as i could find-cheers

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

Yes the older 330's do not have PTVs but the newer ones do, so it depends on the route you are flying as to which aircraft they use.

The seats on the new ones are quite comfortable, what seems to be a new seat design provides what felt like lots of 'feet room' when stretching out.

To confirm the seat map on Seatguru is not up to date.

You can though see the seat map once you have your booking done as you can access under the Manage my booking section on their website and choose your seat in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

hi monica, you have obviously been on their new a-330 and was hoping someone may mention the new seats on this plane.good to hear they are comfy.is the ife on these any good for variety? we booked seats by phone without seeing seat map but picked row 31 toward the back assuming that if any spare rows to spread out a bit more would be down back.going on overnight flight so hopefully can get a couple of hours sleep.

anyway take care all the best-blondie

Melbourne
Level Contributor
122 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

Hi, we just came back yesterday MEL-KL on the new A330, IFE variety was ok for the length of the flight. Whilst as not a extensive as some other carriers, I was not stuck to find something to watch.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Malaysia Airlines A330-300

thanks meg, did you have a good flight and how was the food? hope you enjoyed your holiday and came back all refreshed.

all the best