We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX transfer between terminals 5 and 6

Helsinki
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
LAX transfer between terminals 5 and 6

Me and my girlfriend are traveling from San Francisco to Honolulu, which is nice. Not as nice is the fact that we have merely 45 minutes to change from terminal 5 to 6 at LAX in order to catch our plane to Hawaii. Is that even possible?

Many thanks in advance!

Marshall, Minnesota
Level Contributor
256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX transfer between terminals 5 and 6

Possible if your flight is on time or before time. Just be sure to let the flight attendant know about your connection and have your running shoes on.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,430 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX transfer between terminals 5 and 6

Are you on different airlines? Do you have to re-check? If so, you might not make this connection.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX transfer between terminals 5 and 6

Thanks for the reply. No, we're on the same airline and we won't have to re-check. Does that mean that we have a good chance of making the connection?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LAX transfer between terminals 5 and 6

Are you coming in from Helsinki or elsewhere in the USA? If coming in internationally I'd have thought you had almost no chance, you can wait that long in immigration.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,659 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LAX transfer between terminals 5 and 6

As the OP said... they are flying SFO-LAX-HNL.

Chriso... are you sure about it being the same airline? T5 is Delta and T6 is dominantly Star Alliance. Who are you flying?

Helsinki
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LAX transfer between terminals 5 and 6

Thanks you guys for your help!

We're flying Delta, but the San Francisco-LAX is operated by SkyWest. According to the information I have, we can take the tunnel between terminal 6 and 5 in LAX to get to the Honolulu-flight, but the amount of time we have is ridiculous.

What if we don't make it. Will Delta book us on the next flight to Honolulu?

7. Re: LAX transfer between terminals 5 and 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 11:20
Get answers to your questions