We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fully Lie Flat Beds - Travelling with partner

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Fully Lie Flat Beds - Travelling with partner

We are travelling from Brisbane to LA (2 people). Does anyone know the best fully lie flat beds that enable you to talk face to face with the person you are travelling with during take off and landing? I am travelling with my daughter who is very anxious about flying and needs to see me and put her hand on my arm/leg etc. Have looked at Air NZ & Qantas but still not sure which one?

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fully Lie Flat Beds - Travelling with partner

United Airlines through SYD in Business will be fully lie flat and you are sitting side-by-side.

Air NZ Business class will be lie flat, but are not ideal for communication.

I believe the Qantas Business seats, while flat, are slightly angled on some planes, but you are sitting side-by-side. You'd have the advantage of being able to fly direct from Brisbane. If your daughter is that anxious about flying, I think I would opt for the direct option, even if it means a seat that might not be completely flat.

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fully Lie Flat Beds - Travelling with partner

Thanks for the info I'll look into it

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fully Lie Flat Beds - Travelling with partner

BA's Club World seats let you talk facing each other - although admittedly that would require a bit of a detour!

4. Re: Fully Lie Flat Beds - Travelling with partner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:18