We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Class Seats Removed From BA 767s?

Scottsdale, Arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
First Class Seats Removed From BA 767s?

While checking my BA booking LHR-EWR on June 14, I just found that BA187, a 767 with first class seats, is cancelled. It is replaced with BA187, a 767 with NO first class seats!

BA kindly assigned me Club (business) seats, but no adjustment on the cost. There is now NO first class service on BA from LHR to Newark.

Any suggestions?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Class Seats Removed From BA 767s?

BA 187 is shown as a 777 with first class until June 12, after which it's downgauged to a 767 without F.

The two other daily flights from LHR to EWR on the 14th (BA 185 departing at 10:15 AM and BA 189 departing at 4:10 PM) both 777s, show lots of open seats in the first class cabin.

I don't believe any of BA's 767s have F, just 3 classes.

I'd phone BA and see if you can switch to one of the other flights.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Class Seats Removed From BA 767s?

You'll have to contact BA; I've no doubt their T&C's will allow them to change the aircraft and its seat configuration if they wish, but I can't see how they can possibly justify not refunding you the difference between the 1st class and club world fares. I'd push for a bit of extra recompense on top, for your disappointment and inconvenience. Or they should let you switch to another flight that does offer 1st, if there is one that works for you. If you do have to fly club, don't despair. The cabin is larger and you have less privacy, but unless vintage champagne and upgraded food is a really big deal for you, the club offering is by no means shabby. You'll still have a comfy seat/flat bed with plenty of leg room, and no-one reclining their seat into your face or fighting you for the armrest. And those are the really important things, right?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Class Seats Removed From BA 767s?

Ok ... let's get First class defined here.

Have you actually booked and paid for **International First Class** with BA? That's the class where you order steak and they ask "rare, medium rare, or well done"?

If you did book and paid for BA International First, and are now in Club World, then you're entitled to a massive refund of likely thousands of $$$.

But ... if your "first" class booking is actually Club World, then that is business class, no refund due, and you'll get the (likely excellent) service you paid for.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,773 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Class Seats Removed From BA 767s?

jpolich

Just so you know, there has never been any First cabin on any BA 767-300. Some however are configured with Club World seats which is business class.

Regards

Scottsdale, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First Class Seats Removed From BA 767s?

Well, I guess you are right. But at BA.com the change says the original flight was a 767 cancelled and replaced by a 767. Anyway, they sold me International First Class and assigned First Class seats, which disappeared. And I had to find out myself while checking the reservation on the website. BA has yet to notify me of any change!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,123 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Class Seats Removed From BA 767s?

BA's 767s haven't had First in years, probably around 10yrs or so. Your previous flight was a 777 with First.

I've had a similar experience with BA of being on a flight which changed aircraft from a 4 class 777 to a 3 class 777 and I was downgraded to Club World from First as a result several months beforehand. My options were to cancel, rebook into Club World and get fare difference refunded (I was in the discounted "A" booking class and it was compared to "J" the fully flexible booking class for Club World so not an entirely apples to apples to comparison), take a different flight that day that did have First. I took the latter option.

Note if you move your flight to JFK you're almost guaranteed to get the New First class cabin.

7. Re: First Class Seats Removed From BA 767s?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:17