We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why is the flight greyed out?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
325 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Why is the flight greyed out?

I cannot search my flight to see the airplane. The correct flight pops up but it is greyed out and will not search.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,464 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

I think you're confused about the purpose of the TripAdvisor/SeatGuru forums. Take your booking reference and go to the airline's website. You should be able to look up your reservation and select seats there if te airline's policy permits it.

Besides, without any information whatsoever how did you expect an answer?!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
325 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

Hmmm. Perhaps you are confused by my question? I am trying to get an idea of good seats for the particular plane I will be flying before I choose my seats. That is why I logged into seatguru.com/ However, the search engine gives me the correct name of the airline and the time but does not allow me to search for the exact plane which apparently is an Airbus A330-300 (among others).

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
325 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

Yes. I see I assumed one would know I was interested in finding the best seat.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,464 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

The airline being???

SeatGuru isn't updated often (and we're not SeatGuru support staff) and so if airlines obtain new aircraft they won't show on SeatGuru for a while.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
325 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

I want to know how to find the best seats for the airlines I choose. Seatguru provided this info last year when I went to Australia. It seems impossible to negotiate the site. Is there another site? Tripadvisor runs the site now. How can I get the information?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
58,072 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

Nothing should have changed on Seatguru, including those mostly outdated seat maps. Therefore, you should be able to load the maps just as you did last year but don't rely on the information provided until you have cross-checked the airline's website and other seat sites like seatplans and seatexpert.

What airline are you flying? And you are sure your flight will be using an A330-300?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,540 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

Without knowing the airline(s) with which you're booked and approximate dates of travel it's impossible for us to guess which plane(s) will be in service or which seats are considered better or best.

www.seatmaestro.com may be of use to you, but you may also get some benefit from the free information at www.expertflyer.com If the free option at that website isn't suffiicent then a one or two month service at $US5 per month may be worth the small extra spend.

Casa Grande, Arizona
Level Contributor
46 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

seatexpert.com is a similar site to seat guru, you might try them.

Tucson, Arizona
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

I ran into the same issue. I've tried to look up a flight to find the best seats but after choosing Cathay Pacific Airlines and flight #: 883, the flights show up but I can't select any of them. I tired it on Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and IE on both a Mac and Windows. Something is broken.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
325 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why is the flight greyed out?

Thanks for your help everyone. I could not find the exact planes that I will be taking it seems because the seat maps provided at the airlines sites (Delta and KLM) show a different structure than what is represented on the seatguru site and, as I said, the search for the flight is greyed out.

I will be flying Delta to Amsterdam (Airbus A330) and then KLM to Capetown (Boeing 777-200). I wished to get comfort economy on an aisle on same side and not too far from lavatory. As I still have a bit of time there is some selection left. I will try the other sites. I must note that these upgrades appear very expensive. For all 4 flights it comes to over $600. Still, I am 65 years old and am concerned about DVT. Any further advice gratefully appreciated.