We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best view seats AMS to CPT on KLM

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
323 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Best view seats AMS to CPT on KLM

I am planning to get comfort economy to Cape Town and I am about to select my seats. I would like to know whether to get tickets on the right or left side of the airplane to get the best views on take off and landing. I will be sittin on the aisle most likely but can usually get a few good camera shots from there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am 65 so I don't think I can handle a window seat anymore but have never flown comfort economy before so I don't know.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best view seats AMS to CPT on KLM

Hi, I wouldn't worry too much about the view as you will be arriving into CPT in the dark, I cannot recall any view sitting at a window seat on the left hand side of the plane.

There have been some reviews of the comfort economy seats on TA, they were not great as I recall and I remember someone saying that the seat was particularly hard. They are at the front of the economy section and other than a bit more recline and leg room they are a standard economy seat (3-3-3 config) though any amount of extra legroom is welcome:-)

Done the AMS/CPT flight 3 times and CPT/AMS 4 times and on the whole they have been decent flights.

Regards

AB

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
323 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best view seats AMS to CPT on KLM

Thanks. I am flying KLM straight through to CPT if that helps. I think it is a Boeing 777-200. I see all the seats are getting gobbled a bit. On the flight over I fly Delta/KLM to AMS and that does have a twofer Airbus 330. I have to take the upgrade on that flight as I only have an hour transfer and need to be in the front.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
323 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best view seats AMS to CPT on KLM

I see that the increase in room is not that much and the KLM site says "up to 89 cm le room and up to 18 cm recline. Wonder what up to means? Does it have to do with where you sit or what type of plane it is or whether the person in front of you reclines their seat or what?

4. Re: Best view seats AMS to CPT on KLM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:16
Get answers to your questions