We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling with child

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
127 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
travelling with child

hi,

we are travelling 2 adults and 1 child (2yr old). is it better to have seats with window or go for middle seats?

also, is it better to have bulkhead seats or regular seats?

thx

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling with child

Hi

Without knowing where you are going or who with I would say three seats together with your child in the middle.

Jackie

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling with child

I would try to avoid the rows in the middle of the plane as they usually have 4 or even 5 seats so you would most likely have other passengers beside you. If it was not a busy flight you might get lucky and end up with an extra seat or 2 to spread out in. But of course you can't rely on that happening.

With the side rows you would have your own space.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling with child

Totally depends on the layout of the plane, but when I travel with my kids, I prefer 3 seats together in the bulk head seats if I can get them.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,635 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling with child

It's really an individual decision. I prefer regular seats to the bulkhead as I like having my (and my child's) bag under the seat in front of me rather than having to put it in the overhead bin for takeoff and landing.

I've heard of people having to check their carry ons when they were sitting in the bulkhead as the overhead bins were full, but I have no idea how often that happens as I don't sit there. (Doesn't seem fair to me but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.)

5. Re: travelling with child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 22:17