We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plane type not available

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Topic
Plane type not available

When I go to check my flight so I can get the configuration, I get 4 flights. All are from the correct airport to the correct airport. They all leave at different times (within 1 hour) arrive at different times (within 2 hours). All non stop.

All use the same plane. BUT seat guru has 5 different config. for that plane designation. My departure time is one of the choices. All 4 choices are grey and not selectable.

How do I find out which configuration and why I cannot just click on my flight?

Thanks!

Thanks

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plane type not available

More information required,like airline and flight number.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plane type not available

Try Googling the flight number then work from there

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Plane type not available

Thanks, I googled it and got the same info Seat guru gives.

(Cathay Pacific CX 872)

A Boeing 777-300ER

However Cathay Pacific has five 777-300ER's with different configurations.

I was hoping to click on the 'new' window at seat guru and put in the time, flight, etc. but it comes with 4 flights all of which are grey and not selectable.

Can't get any info from the desk on the phone in Phnom Penh. so trying online.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plane type not available

I usually go to the seat selection screen on the airline website for my flight then compare that to the configurations on seatguru.

Each plane has a different number of rows so that should help.

Edited: 08 January 2013, 11:04
San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Plane type not available

Thank you again.

However Cathay won't show you the whole plane. They only show you 20 rows at a time and only in your class. eg: where does economy stop and economy premium start? Cathay doesn't show you.

Not having luck here.

But I do thank you all for trying.

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Plane type not available

i originally trying to understand why Seat Guru wasn't letting me choose my flight so I could see what they know.

Any ideas on why Seat Guru won't let me select it?

thanks

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plane type not available

>>>>>My departure time is one of the choices. >>>>>

That particular flight is not flown by the same aircraft each time, so you could end up on any one of the configurations, each aircraft has it's own rego like a motor vehicle

CX872 was flown on 2013-01-07 by B-KPH (B77W)

CX872 was flown on 2013-01-06 by B-KQC (B77W)

One of the aircraft returned back in December with engine trouble therefore went into maintenance and replaced by another one. Just book your flight and select your seat then you will see, even then that is not guaranteed are you planning on changing your flight time due to configuration?

www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/cx872

if you play around enough with the links on above you might find the seat configs

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Plane type not available

Thanks for the help. it's a little more understanding now.

I was trying to buy an extra legroom seat but they can't tell me what seat to purchase. Last time I did and they gave it away and got stuck in the middle on a 15 hour flight when booked 2 months in advance.

Just a bit maddening. Hoping to avoid that again!

Thanks for your help

9. Re: Plane type not available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions