We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

premium economy air new zealand seats

coromandel town new...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
premium economy air new zealand seats

Can anyone tell me where is the best seats on premium economy Going to Los Angeles from Auckland New Zealand in July Would love ot know what you think about the seats...

Thank You much

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

It certainly used to be.

But nowadays it depends on the fare purchased. It should say on your booking. If you've got "Works' you'll get a meal, but if you've only booked seat+bag you'll have to buy a meal.

However, and I'm only guessing here, if it's part of an international overseas booking then it may well be Works. But it's only a guess so I suggest you may a few phone calls and hope you'll get someone who knows the new system!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

Mmm weird, I've just tried checking my booking online and its saying it doesn't recognise me?! I've registered with myairnz so hopefully that might help me.

I'll have another bash later on and if necessary give the call centre a quick call and I'll ask about how I can put in for an upgrade.

Thanks for all your help. :)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,476 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

The food on Air NZ is usually of a high standard. It certainly beats Virgin or Jet Star in my experience.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

re: ne_quine

I had issues last year with the Air NZ site not finding my booking and the problem was with Internet Explorer. I installed Firefox and tried with that and it worked fine. But the Air NZ call centre is always very helpful so they would be able to assist you as well.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

Mmm yes I do use IE but know the PC's at work also have Firefox so might go use one of them.

And yes I can testify having had to call the call centres 3 times over our flight (damn changes!!) how very helpful they are.

Cheers :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

The space seat PE is on NZ1/2 AKL LAX LHR using the 777 300 series. NZ 5/6 uses the older 777 200, so the PE seat is an economy seat that reclines a bit more with more leg room. Flights via YVR, SFO, HKG tend to run the 777 200 or 747--so no spaceseat, in other words.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

Does anyone know how much the spaceseats actually recline? No mention on the ANZ website, and have heard there is limited recline.

I assume it will recline more than the econ seats? But by how much?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

Hi vegas fan_uk - 'air review' says the recline is 9". http://www.airreview.com/AirNZ/Fleet.htm

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

I was worried about the same thing but let me tell you "It doesnt matter where you sit"

The seats are amazing........My husband and i are both 6ft 1 and we could stretch the whole way out without a problem. We were to excited on the way over but on the way back we got about 6-7 hours of broken sleep. It was the best flight and well worth the money.

You will not be disapointed

Port Moresby, Papua...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: premium economy air new zealand seats

In the photos it doesn't look like you can recline the seats very far back for sleep. Is this so? Also the cabin seems to be very big. Was this an issue? I like QANTAS PE because the cabin is small and therefore quiet without queues for the toilets.