We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

I've never been on this plane before, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the legroom/bulkhead situation is like for the seats in row 16 (at the front of the "extra coach" section) and in row 31 (exit row, just two seats on each side). Some seat sites say that in row 31 you have five feet of legroom (and no bulkhead), but others say the bulkhead is right in front of you. Hoping someone has flown on this plane and could give me some details about either or both. Thanks so much for any help.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

Greg- I can't tell you exactly how much legroom there was but if you're talking about the bulkhead just behind business class then there is plenty of legroom!!! I remember walking by it and thinking to myself how much room there was. Are you going to Sao Paulo or LHR? You are in for such a treat. It's a beautiful plane! I'm sorry I don't remember what the exit rows were like.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,766 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

Check out seatguru.com. It's great for seating related details like this. They have a phone app, too. I use it all the time for seat selections.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

The plane has only been in service for a couple of weeks, and only on South America runs. The chances of somebody being able to answer your question from firsthand knowledge is quite low, at least for the time being.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

Yes--the first row in coach right behind business. Sometimes those bulkhead rows have such little legroom, so it's good to hear that you remember there being plenty of room. One seat-review site said that there was five feet of legroom (but another said it wasn't a good seat--go figure)--do you recall if there was actually that much? I'm tall, so I'm always looking to stretch my legs straight out during those long flights. And yes, I'm heading to LHR. Thanks!

Also--I didn't realize the plane had only been in service a couple of weeks. I did manage to find this review of the plane, with a lot of pictures of the cabin, including, about half way down the page, a picture of the front part of coach, including row 16--the outside seats appear to have a good amount of legroom:

businessinsider.com/…

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

I'm not sure why they said the bulkhead seats were not good because these seats looked great to me! I would say there was 5 feet of room too so you should have no problem.

Come back to trip advisor and give us your opinion when you get back!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

Thanks for the help. Yes, I will report back after my trip, although it's not until July--but, I needed the help now, because you have to grab these seats so early these days!

DFW, TEXAS
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

If you go to the Flyertalk.com forum website and type in say ameican airlines 777-300er or 77w ecoonmy seats or buisness or whatever your question maybe the website has actual people who have either been on the flight or have knowledge of the flight and some post pics and videos. I was able to view someones video of the actual area where we will be sitting on our flight from LHR-DFW. Very Informative. There was also Boardingarea .com blogger Advantage Geek who also has pics.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

Plenty of legroom, and there is a bulkhead. I am 6'3" and had plenty of room. However, the seat tray has a hinge so it doesn't lay flat. Plus you have to put up with all the people using the bathroom, most of whom can't figure out there are 4 bathrooms to service coach. Would not recommend. Next time I will go economy plus.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

How is the legroom in row 31?

I know the seats are not as wide as 16, but there are only 2 seats there compared with 3 in the MCE section (row 16)

10. Re: American Airlines 777-300er Exit Row/Bulkhead Seat Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:16