We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
799 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

Seat Guru used to tell details about many seats-specifically, it would say which seats might have a video box under the seat in front of you, which could limit leg room. The site has changed and doesn't tell this anymore, or I can't find it. Is there a better site to use these days which have these details?

Edited: 07 March 2013, 05:17
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

it would say which seats might have a video box under the seat in front of you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It still does. I have seen it in the text in the right hand column.

You could try http://seatexpert.com/

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

Yes it does still show you but oftern isn't the most up to date.

If there are reconfiguration s or new aircraft in the fleet it s often very slow to update.

:-)

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

http://www.seatplans.com/ is another one. Although SeatGuru is sometime outdated, it remains the best I think.

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

Yes, Seatguru isn't what it was. It's now owned by Trip Advisor, I believe. I always think they must have plans to relaunch it but it's been a while and nothing has happened yet.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,109 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

Actually, I think that SeatGuru has been updated. They also have an app that is useful. Instead of looking up plane types, there is a feature to look up your specific flight number and date. I find this is better. Also, I've discovered that different browsers will display differently on my screen (like ability to get popup dialogue with more specifics).

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,862 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

Indeed, the entire Seatguru site has been redesigned, and it seems that a lot of the data has been updated so it's now becoming useful again.

Not all seats would have comments, especially if the airline equipment is relatively new.

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
799 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

When scrolling over a seat, it mostly has the same information given for every seat (in coach). No more details about under seat boxes in certain aisle seats taking up room! That was very useful to me.

uk
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

I,m also trying to see where those boxes are under aisle seats on Airbus A380 and Boeing 777 300 ER. Just looked on seat guru and it does not indicate them. Even though I am only 5ft 4in I still don't want restricted foot space on a long haul flight. Bit concerned about upcoming trip and once more getting a box at my feet. Anyone know of a seat plan site which shows more info please?

Alameda, California
Level Contributor
799 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

I have found that this helped a bit. But it won't show it when you scroll over the seats, I don't think. I think I read the information on the right hand column.

http://seatexpert.com/

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,192 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's Happened to SeatGuru.com

Best to look at the airline forums at www.flyertalk.com

There are frequent comments and threads on seats to avoid,and to choose.