We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA World Traveller Plus - YVR to Heathrow

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
BA World Traveller Plus - YVR to Heathrow

I'm a larger lady and having flown both economy and business on BA - am now thinking of looking at WTP seats for this trip (can't afford business this time) - anyone have any thought on this for a larger lady. Is it worth the extra money or should I just stay with economy. Many thanks for you thoughts

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA World Traveller Plus - YVR to Heathrow

I am not nearly as svelte as I was a number of years ago (grrrr) and find WT+ reasonably comfortable. The armrests are fixed in WT+, so the width of the seat may mean a bit of a snug fit at the hips, but I haven't had to resort to contortionist moves to sit in the seats. The extra pitch is a nice plus, the leg and foot rests aren't nearly the enhancement the designers thought they were. Overall, if you can afford it, it's a nice way to travel.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,413 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BA World Traveller Plus - YVR to Heathrow

An ideal use of BA miles (Avios) is to purchase a WTP seat and use miles to upgrade into business class. There might be some credit card bonus offers that you could use for this.

Another possibility is if there are two of you traveling, buy 3 economy seats. You'd need to reserve them (requiring payment) in order to guarantee their availability, but you could do the numbers and see if it makes sense.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA World Traveller Plus - YVR to Heathrow

Especially worthwhile for an overnight Eastbound flight. Less appealing for Westbound. Trouble is the new taxes make WT+ so much more expensive.You can't blame BA for that.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA World Traveller Plus - YVR to Heathrow

Thanks everyone for your input - I agree going east it the issue coming home it's fine. Happy Travels everyone

5. Re: BA World Traveller Plus - YVR to Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 06:17