We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas v. Air New Zealand Business Class Seats from LAX

Naples, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Qantas v. Air New Zealand Business Class Seats from LAX

Hi. I'm planning a trip in January to Australia and NZ, leaving from LA and could go with either Qantas or Air New Zealand. Does anyone have a preference? How do the seats in business compare on these airlines? Both seem to be lie-flat.

Thanks for your help!

RogerC

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas v. Air New Zealand Business Class Seats from LAX

As no one has answered yet you might want to check out reviews for both airlines on the airlinequality website, there will be business class reviews and hopefully some for the same route.

www.airlinequality.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas v. Air New Zealand Business Class Seats from LAX

Yes, both are lie flat.

Qantas ones are forward facing, more traditional reclining seats that recline all the way to be fully lie flat.

Air NZ ones are in a herringbone configuration that means all passengers have aisle access, but the seats face inwards towards the aisle, although have a lot of privacy. Air NZ seats recline, but then fold over with a separate sleeping surface on the back for a lie flat bed.

Both are excellent, so really I would look at schedule and price to make a choice (of course you may have frequent flyer preferences, with Qantas in OneWorld and Air NZ in Star Alliance, you'd get a fair amount of frequent flyer miles whichever way you go).

Air NZ is the only carrier operating directly LAX-AKL, but United, Delta and Virgin Australia also fly LAX-SYD. Although I'd pick Qantas over any of the others on LAX-SYD, and Air NZ is competitive with Qantas in terms of overall service, catering and seat comfort.

Go to the photo forum on the Airliners.Net website, search for cabin views for both airlines in A380 (Qantas), 777-300 and 777-200 (Air NZ), and see what sort of seating configuration you like. The flights are overnight in both directions, I find the Air NZ one wider than Qantas, but Qantas is better if you want to spend a lot of time sitting relaxing and reclining rather than sleeping.

3. Re: Qantas v. Air New Zealand Business Class Seats from LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 05:17