We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Transat

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
148 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Air Transat

Hi

Booked a flight yesterday for MAN-TORONTO in September 2013 on the A330 as I have been advised these are more likely to be refurbished that the A310. I have looked on seat guru but not sure if these show the newer planes as my seats on the return flight are not even on there?! (47H & 47K - 2 seats near the back on the right? Anyone help re: the layouts and possibility of getting a refurbed plane with backseat TVs??? Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Transat

Hope this helps

airliners.net/aviation-forums/…

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
148 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Transat

cheers!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
22 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Transat

Just flown Vancouver- Gatwick on Air Transat A330. No touch screens, just drop down screens with little choice they charge for headphones. Seats incredibly narrow as they are configured 9 across rather than standard 8.

Winnipeg, Mb.
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Transat

If you can upgrade to Club Class it is worth it.......slightly wider seats with a good deal more leg room....nice perks as well......Makes for a more enjoyable flight.......We sat in Row 2, J & K....

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Transat

I would update to Club class.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
630 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Transat

Take this post with a grain of salt, because my recent experience wasn't so great. I too purchased specific seats, on what was supposed to be one of the refurbed 330's, only to have the plane changed at the gate to an older version. Not only was this a bummer, but they switched my reserved seats as well, and when I complained at the gate all I received in return was an eye-roll and a shoulder shrug.

Then, on the return (ATH - YUL) it was an even older plane, with no AVOD, but I did at least get my chosen seats (although all of the window sides were 2x's, even though I paid extra for 2x when the seats ahead of me were to have been 3x).

In the end, after too much bother (I'm sure most would have just given up) I did get a refund for the seat purchase on my first leg. At one point they denied my observation that my seats were NOT last in the row, because the computer said they were, on my flight. So I gave them a picture proving otherwise...they don't even know their own seat lay-outs!

I wouldn't avoid AirTransat, but I sure as heck wouldn't make them my 1st choice.

BTW, the actual piloting on both flights was spectacular, probably the best I've ever experienced, and that is certainly worth something.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 00:31
7. Re: Air Transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions