We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gates at Incheon

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
237 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Gates at Incheon

We will be flying on Korean Air, LAX to INC and then connecting on KA to Cebu, Philippines. Will our gates be at the same end of the terminal? Does Korean air use the terminal that you access by the shuttle train for all of its flights?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gates at Incheon

Don't know for sure but probably 1) yes and 2) no.

On 1 you have to walk from the end almost down to the middle to get through transit security into the departure level anyway.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 00:19
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,568 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gates at Incheon

Hi,

The two major carriers at Incheon - KE and OZ (Asiana) *tend* to have their flights grouped in the same area... but.... This isn't always possible due to things like late arrivals and delayed departure that can impact planned gate use scheduling.

The remote concourse isn't a dedicated use facility by any one carrier - it too is scheduled by the airport operator in conjunction with the airlines.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 30 July 2013, 00:20
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,744 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gates at Incheon

You are almost certain of having those flights close to each other, but don't forget that you have to go through transit security before boarding the onward flight. Luckily Incheon is one of the most efficient airports in the world - no problems, and they do have people movers. You might download the terminal map for that airport from the airport's website.

I've never heard of any KE or OZ flights leaving from the satellite terminal. I usually connect there on OZ to Hanoi or Bangkok.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,744 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gates at Incheon

Sorry, I think that might have been unclear.

You arrive on the 3rd level of the airport, and from there you use the people mover down to the Transit (or Transfer) sign for the Security check. You then take the escalator to the 4th level and on to your departure gate. You won't be using the shuttle train since KE has all flights in the main terminal. The 2 gates will be close to each other, but on different floors. Signing in English is excellent at this airport, and there is a fair amount of walking even with people movers.

If you're returning to the States, and have a transit gap in excess of 8 hrs, I would contact Korean by phone to ask about the free hotel room for that transit. I use OZ, but both airlines have similar policies, and OZ always gives me the room.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 03:23
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gates at Incheon

<< You arrive on the 3rd level of the airport, and from there you use the people mover down to the Transit (or Transfer) sign for the Security check. You then take the escalator to the 4th level and on to your departure gate. >>

Actually, Arrivals (and Transit) is on 2nd level. For transit passengers, you need to pass through transit security, afterwhich the route takes you up to the 3rd level for departures. KE and OZ flights use the main terminals. KE flights are mostly assigned to Gates 1 to 25, whereas OZ flights are usually assigned to Gates 26 to 50. No shuttle required as the remote terminal is dedicated to foreign airlines.

6. Re: Gates at Incheon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:20