We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on seats for these Delta/Virgin Aus flights

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on seats for these Delta/Virgin Aus flights

My first time flying from New Zealand to the States and the long flights will be Brisbane->LAX and also LAX->JFK

See: http://oi41.tinypic.com/28takxk.jpg

That's what I have available and red is what I'm pencilling in. Good choice? I think the best picks are gone already. I'm 6'2 tall and don't care about tv etc. Just prefer leg room and close to a toilet doesn't bother me

Edited: 26 August 2013, 09:54
australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on seats for these Delta/Virgin Aus flights

Is there a Brisbane in New Zealand?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on seats for these Delta/Virgin Aus flights

I omitted the Christchurch -> Brisbane Flight :)

And after further googling, it seems the bulkhead seats / row 40 may not be such a good idea. I think I'll just go for an asile and ask at the airport in case an exit row is available.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on seats for these Delta/Virgin Aus flights

I could see your place as Sydney and flying out of Brisbane couldn't figure where NZ factored in.

You have to careful with recline on some of those seats. No chance of purchasing one in advance?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on seats for these Delta/Virgin Aus flights

Exit row on Virgin can only be allocated on check in and there is a cost associated - last 2 years I have paid around $100 for it.

Row 40 is bulkhead so you run the risk of there being a baby in a bassinet (or 2) there.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 13:02
5. Re: Advice on seats for these Delta/Virgin Aus flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:17