We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines Bus Class - I'm buying seats

Cupertino, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
American Airlines Bus Class - I'm buying seats

Hello Travelers,

I'm purchasing two business class seats for flights from SFO to Manchester, then Paris to SFO. This is a real treat for my family and I want to have the best possible experience.

I've chosen AA for price. My question is whether to fly on the 767-300 from Paris to NY and then get on the new Airbus from NY to SFO, or fly on the 777-200 from Paris to Dallas and the 738 from Dallas to SFO. We're stuck on the 757 from NY to Manchester, but at least have the Airbus from SFO to NY.

Another option within the budget would be US Airways through Philly, using their Envoy class to Manchester and from Paris ...

Sage advice appreciated. Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines Bus Class - I'm buying seats

I'd avoid the US Airways option, you'd be on domestic F product across country to/from PHL

The Airbus aircraft AA use between NY and SFO are almost brand new and have a premium product for this route (in addition to JFK-LAX). I'd go via NYC to get the most out of your premium experience.

Could you not go British Airways SFO-LHR-MAN and CDG-LHR-SFO? You'd get excellent flat beds for a decent overnight flights there and back.

Cupertino, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines Bus Class - I'm buying seats

Thanks for the advice, it's in line with the decision I have been circling around. My preference is BA as you suggest, but it's $3000 more - and frankly I think I'd rather spend that whilst on holiday.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,245 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines Bus Class - I'm buying seats

>> We're stuck on the 757 from NY to Manchester... <<

AA's 75Ls have excellent business class seats and AVOD, plus the intimacy of the cabin means you get excellent service. I wouldn't consider myself "stuck" at all. (Riding down the back is another thing entirely - they're still the SlAAveShips in coach.)

Coming back I'd go for the JFK connection and the A321, just for the novelty. The 738 leg from DFW would seem like an eternity.

Cupertino, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Airlines Bus Class - I'm buying seats

Thanks for the info on the 757 - I really should keep things in proper perspective and never consider myself "stuck" if in the front of a plane. Thanks to valuable input in response to my post, I will purchase my tickets as planned.

5. Re: American Airlines Bus Class - I'm buying seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:18