We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diferent length of Business Lie Flat seats

Mexico City, Mexico
1 post
Save Topic
Diferent length of Business Lie Flat seats

Does anyone know why there appears a different length in various airlines of the Lie Flat (180º) Seats. For example Swiss& Finnair have them at 60", Singapur has them between 57 & 60"; KLM between 60 & 63"; Delta & many others have them from 76 to 81", Several (ANA, Jet Air) are in the 40's",

Is there a difference in the seats and in it's comfort also?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,064 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diferent length of Business Lie Flat seats

Not all seats are identical, isn't that sufficient enough info?

I don't see how Jet or ANA could possibly have lie flat business seats in the 40"-50" region. That's nigh on impossible without tilting the thing at 45 degrees!

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
36,355 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diferent length of Business Lie Flat seats

As said - different mfgrs.

Along with different lengths, we encounter a difference on UA 777's from the sCO 777's. The UA lie-flats have an angle to the right, about my knee level, where the sCO planes have a straight approach to the foot well. I like the sCO planes better, though my short petite wife can barely detect the differences.

Hunt

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diferent length of Business Lie Flat seats

You may as well ask why different restaurants serve meals on different sized plates. The choice of seat for an airplane is the choice of the airline ..and they can configure their cabins in myriad ways.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diferent length of Business Lie Flat seats

I don't see how Jet or ANA could possibly have lie flat business seats in the 40"-50" region.

=====

Seat pitch is measured from one part of the seat to the exact same part on the seat behind. It's not the length of the flat bed. 9W's lie flat business are at a 45 degree angle to the aisle, so the pitch is small but the length of the bed okay - seatguru.com/airlines/Jet_Airways/Jet_Airway…

NH's has a 1-2-1/1-1-1 in business (on the 773) and the setup is that the bed slides next to the row in front. Again, small pitch, okay flat bed length. - ana.co.jp/wws/…seat_main_img.jpg , nancydbrown.com/wp-content/uploads/ANA-Dream…

ISAY - As explained above, if you're looking at the seat pitch measurements for Business class, that doesn't always reflect the length of the bed.

5. Re: Diferent length of Business Lie Flat seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 07:17