We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripadvisor gear

Westfield, New...
Level Contributor
99 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Tripadvisor gear

A while back, I received a Tripadvisor hat as a "thank you" for my contributions. It has since earned the title of "magic hat" around our household. My husband laughed at me when I first insisted on wearing it when I went to request a room change during a recent vacation, but he doesn't laugh anymore. When I wear that hat, we just seem to get everything we ask for. Maybe it's a coincidence, but that hat goes everywhere we do!

Thanks.

Ann

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tripadvisor gear

You are so lucky !

A hat to wear that helps get the best rooms or an upgrade

I am sure everyone will want one !

B

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tripadvisor gear

While I don't know what hat tomoko received, Trip Advisor does have hats available for sale in their cafepress store at: http://www.cafepress.com/tripadvisor along with a shirt, buttons, mugs, and a few other things. Maybe tomoko will tell us if the her magic hat is similar to the one for sale at cafe press. I'd order one and see how it works - but I don't think they make hats big enough for my fat head :)

On a related note, U.S. and Canadian members of Trip Advisor can get TA branded luggage tags, free of charge at this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelGuides It took about 6-8 weeks to get mine, but I got them!

Other countries have different freebies, but since I don't get to those other sites, I am not sure what they are.

Enjoy!

-Noah

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tripadvisor gear

Noah, I do not know why, but the link you provided showed nothing about ANY freebies on my PC.

‘TripWatch’, ‘BookingBuddy Deals’, the Tank of gas thingy, a link to the forums, and ‘Make Planning Easier’. On the right hand side column, there are: ‘Free Travel Guides’, ‘Must-Have Lists for Members’, and ‘Share Your Experiences’.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,048 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tripadvisor gear

We never got freebies across the pond. We recently brought it up and they promise we will be offered some soon. I would like the luggage labels first please TA. Thankyou.

Bronia :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tripadvisor gear

Hi Firelover,

Hmm, odd - I have all those categories plus one that says "Free Stuff" and a link to the luggage tags. Well - the link to the luggage tags goes to: http://www.tripadvisor.com/GOffer?wid=167 In the fine print in the bottom it says "Open to US and Canadian residents only."

I hope I am not opening up a can of worms by posting that link - it looks innocent enough, give it a try.

Maybe the offer has changed and they just haven't updated the ad. Let us know if that link works.

Good luck,

-Noah

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,094 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tripadvisor gear

I don't see the luggage tags on that page either. I'm guessing the offer is only open to TA members in the US, so they don't torment Canadians by showing it and *then* adding fine print that says "available only in USA".

TA knows where you live!

Run & hide!

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tripadvisor gear

It says for US and Canadians only

WHY ?

And its not a magic hat ............

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,048 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tripadvisor gear

I get the link and my address is all filled in on the form too. Then is says at the bottom open to US or Canadian residents only, and the countries in the box list those two. No European contries in the box.

Bronia

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tripadvisor gear

Thanks Noah,

I like the other Canadians did not get the link for the tags on the page.

However, I have now, thanks to your link filled it out and we shall see what happens.

raquel

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,094 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tripadvisor gear

"And its not a magic hat ............"

It is actually a Cap of Desk Clerk Intimidation, +10 vs hotel desk staff.

(With apologies to all the folks who aren't into Dungeons & Dragons or World of Warcraft-type role-playing games.)