We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great site...BUT, most basics left out/obscure

Lakewood, Colorado
Level Contributor
9 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
great site...BUT, most basics left out/obscure

Nice hotel reviews, but...no way to book the hotel. No mapping of hotel.

So I find hotel I like and then have to leave Tripadvisor site and go somewhere else to find way to reserve hotel. Is that smart? To have a site incomplete so as to force people already on it to leave it?

Hard to find 'contact us' on Tripadvisor. That is why I am writing here, now.

Ken

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,079 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: great site...BUT, most basics left out/obscure

I'm a little confused by some of your concerns, Shallowpockets, while others I fully agree with.

Many hotels do have maps on TA and can also be booked through TA by clicking through to Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Sheraton, etc. links that are provided here on TA. However, because TA's goal is to have a listing for every single hotel, motel, B&B, etc. that meets their criteria, you will also find listings that have no maps (because there is not sufficient information on them to map them) or that are not bookable through TA because they do not participate in online booking services.

As for finding the contact information for TA, everyone agrees that it's not as easy to find as it should be. To contact TA directly, click on the Help Center (tiny, easy-to-miss link on the bottom of every TA page) and then pick the appropriate subject. Just about every Help Center page has a Contact Us or e-mail link to the appropriate TA section. For example, if you wanted to send your suggestions directly to TA staff instead of posting them on a public forum, you could do it by using the links on this Help Center page:

tripadvisor.com/help/tell_us_what_you_think

2. Re: great site...BUT, most basics left out/obscure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions