We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Make searching for lodging within a specified area easier

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Make searching for lodging within a specified area easier

We like to go exploring on our vacations and would love to pick the town we stay in by the accommodations available. Right now I have to choose a specific city or town to search for hotels, etc. I would like to have the option of including a certain radius, such as: hotels, etc. within a 10 mile radius of a given city or town.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Make searching for lodging within a specified area easier

Hey, I'll second that request.

As it is, I do something similar on Google maps when looking for area hotels outside of the city/town I am looking at. Then when I get the names of the hotel (or at least the names of the neighboring towns) then I come to TA to look up the listings.

It would be great if you could put in a zip code and have it draw up a list of listings in proximately of that area.

-Noah

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Make searching for lodging within a specified area easier

I'd go for that idea too but not with the zip code as most of the time one doesn't know the zip.

The 10/20/30/50 mile radius, though, is a good idea.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,637 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Make searching for lodging within a specified area easier

I agree - excellent idea.

Currently I look on a map, you know, one of those old fashioned paper things? Then go back and check each town on the hotel reviews. Quite cumbersome.

4. Re: Make searching for lodging within a specified area easier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 16:22