We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we?

World
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can we?

If you do insist on keeping the Facebook and other external reviews, then implement a filter system on all reviews including accommodation. This should include the ability to:

1. Choose to include/exclude reviews for reviwers that have less than a particular number of reviews/haven't logged into TA since a particular date.

2. Choose to include/exclude individual reviews.

3. Allow the listings to be refreshed to take into account the filter selected.

4. Allow selection of particular reviewers, not like the Traveller Network, which needs the individual to accept, but just to use in the filter. This wouldn't need the individual to accept. (See another thread for the idea.)

5. Choose to include/exclude reviews before of between particular dates.

6. Choose to include/exclude reviews not originating from Trip Advisor members.

7. Choose to include/exclude any helpful/unhelpful reviews if these remain.

Any other ideas?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we?

I will not write reviews on TA as long as they suck up drek from FB without requiring those contributors to join TA.

TA members who write reviews have them placed in a pending status until someone at TA deems them acceptable. Some 14 year old on FB writes some drivel and -- bingo, it's posted!

Sorry, TA must get their act together for me to ever consider writing a restaurant review again. In my area, Yelp is excellent. In fact, I wrote a review 2 weeks ago of a very *in* spot in SF (chef recently beat Cat Cora on Iron Chef) and the chef messaged me back thanking me for my review. Somehow, I don't think he logs onto TA.

2. Re: Can we?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 05:24