We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passover Trips

USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Passover Trips

There are dozens, if not more, trips that are specifically designed for families to go away for the Jewish festival of Passover. These are expensive trips, fully catered, but there are no opportunities for reviews, which would allow for a more intelligent selection. I would be happy to assist in coordinating such a sub-site if you would like, since I have been to 6 or so different ones, and can help with the specific questions that a tour-goer would ask.

let me know.

thanks

evan dreyer, md, phd

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passover Trips

Very interesting idea! Right now, TA doesn't permit reviews of any kind of multi-day tour, but many people have been requesting that.

USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passover Trips

Is there an alternative site? lot of money changes hands here, and this is a real need.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passover Trips

No other options that I am aware of; however, I spend most of my time here on TripAdvisor, I'm not as familiar with other travel sites.

But here's a thought: you may be interested in writing a TripAdvisor Traveler Article that is an introduction to this kind of trip. I assume that it wouldn't be directly related to any particular destination? If so, then it would probably belong (ultimately) in the Holiday Travel section. At the moment, all Traveler Articles must be linked to a specific destination, and TA staff have told us that the Newton, Mass section may be used for articles relating to non-destination topics: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g41707-s1/…Inside.html . (

The article can't have reviews in it, but it would be okay to describe these trips in general and give links to the websites of suitable tour companies.

One final note: TA Traveler Articles are wikis, which means that anyone can edit them. If you aren't open to collaboration with other TA members, then that would probably not be a good choice for you.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Passover Trips

Too bad there's no facility for reviewing multi-day tours as there's such a huge market for them and I would think lots of people would be interested in a forum/reviews for them.

Sounds like a revenue/advertising opportunity that TA is missing!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passover Trips

I agree, Anemone!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,860 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passover Trips

This is a great idea - forums for ours that are on a special subject. Passover is one example. It can be also vegeterian, or photography. Not only linked to dietery or religious topics. It is a big market!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,860 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Passover Trips

Forums for tours...where is the edit function?

8. Re: Passover Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 05:34