We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i think wee need a members rating system

Formby, United...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
i think wee need a members rating system

I have noticed that some members have several thousand forum post but some post are just yes/no or even !? answers.

A members rating system is my answer. A five star rating system for members who give great advice.

there should be a box at the bottom when you answer a topic that you can click on to if you think that they've been helpful.(one click per topic) then you could get a star rating with 50,100,200,500 and 1000 clicks.

just thought it might make things a be more interesting. can you tell its my day off, way to much time to myself.....

Boston
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

There should also be a Question box as to how dumb the question is on a scale of 1-10.

LOL couldn't resist.

2. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 April 2009, 01:38
Brea, California
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

hmmm, i give 5 stars each to both dice's & dublin's replies. both very informative.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

!?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

interesting idea... members on this forum are already "rewarded" for helpful advice by being made destination experts for their locations... your proposed system would basically give people the option to vote for others to receive this title.

many websites have little boxes on the bottom of the post to click "was this information helpful to you?"... maybe something like that?

(i do like the stupid question rating system too, lol)

Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
785 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

I agree with The Dice Man!

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

Agree with VancouverKitty....The DE system pretty well identifies the better advisors (if I do say so myself). It is a combination of nomination by other DE's and travelers (along with specific reasons why they should be a DE) and then a vetting process by the TA staff who review posts and contributions. They look for complete and detailed info, helpfulness and adherence to the rules of conduct.

This goes double for DE's posting in their area of expertise. Although I travel to Las Vegas frequently and know the city well my expertise destination is Wyoming (and issue expertise in diabled travel).

If you think a member posts particularly well for a destination you can reward them by nominating them as a DE. Click on the "i" by any DE name for details.

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

no

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,092 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

It's maybe a good thought but not very useful, accurate, or helpful. If you look at Dublins reply you can see why this will be of no use.

10. Re: i think wee need a members rating system

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 April 2009, 01:39