We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks, TA

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks, TA

I for one appreciate that you are reverting to the old forum design. As I said in previous posts, I think the FAQ has great value - perhaps you can tweak the old design a little, or use aspects of the new design while keeping the forum information front and center (instead of avatars or DEs).

Many thanks for listening!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,534 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks, TA

Thank you TA from me too.

I am sure a new design can in the same time implement the new characteristics, introduce a new strategy but in the same time don't upset the posters who are anyway the basis of this community.

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
933 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks, TA

Thank you! TA

Please don't change I like you just the way you are!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,763 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks, TA

Thankyou TA. I wanted to like the new format, I really did, but it physically hurt my eyes to scan the forums for very long.

Some of it did have merit however, and I am sure you'll be studying the very long thread where brighter members than me gave an excellent critique of what was good and not so good.

cheers :)

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks, TA

I am very happy that TA did hear our cries,thanks TA.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks, TA

Thank you TA for listening !!!!

Boy, I missed this format!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanks, TA

Thanks.

Now is the time to consider the advices given. These come form us, the people that use the forums daily. It was a great demostration what went on here.

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
606 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanks, TA

I add my thank you's as well.

Change in itself isn't negative, and no matter what the subject is, we should always look forward, try to move forward. So I'll be eagerly awaiting your new suggestions, your steps towards making TA even better than it already is.

Just keep it readable, visually as clear and clean as possible, please, :).

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanks, TA

Yes indeed, *thank you* TA! (And to kateoz for this thread)

In case you're not reading all the threads right now, TA - and after the unbelievable response to the new format I wouldn't blame you - will repeat my comment from another thread:

"I understand the concept of the FAQ's. I too sometimes get tired of answering the endless series of "weather" questions. And I am sure that on large busy forums there are many many repeat questions and answers.

Would there be any way to make a link to a FAQ page or something? Something easy to see and access?

I did not have time to *read* the FAQ's, but they did appear on the New York City forum (another poster sent me there to see them), and I appreciate the work that went into the topics and answers -- for all forums which got them up so quickly!

Surely there could be some compromise to keep the clean, easy readability of the existing format, and include useful links to FAQ's as well?"

There were a couple of good innovations on the new design, IMO. The numbering was very handy, and the way each page had the numbers at the bottom was great - such as "15-20 of 20 answers".

But there was so much wrong, including apparently some major navigation glitches . . . hopefully you can go back to the drawing board (so to speak) and come up with a design that will have the upgrades or whatever the management wants, and not alienate the "populace"!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,648 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanks, TA

> "I understand the concept of the FAQ's. I too sometimes get tired of answering the endless series of "weather" questions. <

What about a script? On another forum I post on whenever anyone attempts to post a new topic a list of similar topics come up with a message along the lines of "you may find your question answered here" and one has to confirm that one still wants to make the post.

10. Re: Thanks, TA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 June 2009, 03:50