We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Reviews - Alphabetical Sorting

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Reviews - Alphabetical Sorting

Along the left side of the forum for each specific destination, there's a link to restaurant reviews for that destination. Until recently, the restaurant list could be sorted either by popularity or alphabetically. The alphabetical option seems to have gone away, replaced by a price sorting option.

The price sorting is a good idea, but if I'm interested in reading reviews for a particular restaurant, the alphabetical sort option was invaluable in order to find the restaurant, particularly in larger destinations that may have a very long list of restaurants. I'm sure everyone uses these reviews differently, but from my perspective, the user-friendliness have definitely worsened. Any chance of keeping the price sort but getting the alphabetical sort back? Thanks.

Happy New Year!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Reviews - Alphabetical Sorting

"if I'm interested in reading reviews for a particular restaurant. . . "

If you know the name of the restaurant - just put it up in the search box at the top of the page and find it that way. That must be faster than paging through all the restaurants in a big city starting with "m" when you could just search for "Montage" or whatever it is you are looking for.

-Noah

2. Re: Restaurant Reviews - Alphabetical Sorting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2010, 06:17