We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Topic
The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

Hi everyone,

We're very excited to announce that the long wait for the return of the "Save" button is now over. It is currently rolling out across the site, so for the next few hours some of you may see it, or you may see it intermittently, but by the end of the day it will be back for everyone. It looks a little different than it used to, so if you don't see it, just look for the "Save this post" link under the "Reply" button on any post.

Thanks for bearing with us as we worked to bring this much-requested feature back. You'll also notice that the forums breadcrumbs at the bottom of forum pages have returned, and the number of reviews a member has contributed will also appear on posts.

Please let us know if you see any problems once you see the changes. We are aware of one bug in the Trips folder that will be fixed next week. Until then you may find that you're not able to expand a saved post or review in this folder if you have already expanded it and then closed it again. If you refresh the page, however, you should be able to open it by clicking on the green arrow.

Thanks,

Dan

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

I'm excited too about all these features being rolled out on the same day so I can imagine it must be a big day for you in TA Towers.

I'm currently on the .co.uk site but viewing it in Alberta and all seems well over here.

Many congratulations.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

Hi Dan!

Just briefly checked it and made an announcement on Ukraine Forum (forced copypasting was quite often mentioned there and in PMs I got) tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294473-i3662-k344…

Worked fine for me (I saved, edited, checked the «See on TA» link, deleted, tried adding notes). Only one thing was glitchy - when I tried to add a hotel, it brought me to the Hotel reviews page and didn’t save it to the trips.

Thanks a lot for bringing back the Save button!

Edited: 01 March 2010, 21:55
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

I was wondering if this is too much to ask that the Edit feature in the saved posts could include their actual editing - like deleting / inserting certain abstracts, for instance (not the whole saved post as presently)? Thank you.

Edited: 01 March 2010, 22:30
London
Level Contributor
951 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

Thanks for the return of the forums breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page...no more scrolling, thank goodness!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

Thanks for checking it out, Cora_v. I'll look into the reviews issue. I'm not sure what you mean in post 3, though. I just played around with it a bit, and I notice that if I save a post and then edit that post, it will only show the post title in my saved trip folder, but will not display any text (although it does provide a link to the post). Is this what you were referring to, or did you mean something else?

Thanks,

Dan

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,155 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

It is great to see 3 features added to TA: breadcrumbs at the bottom, the save button and the user reviews link. Thank you so much TA. This really does make TA better.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

Thanks!

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

Thanks a lot for addressing my ideas Dan.

What I meant by “real editing” in my #3 was the possibility to make changes to the post you save to your trips. Presently “Edit” feature at the saved post provides for “Move, Copy and Delete” only.

Ex. Someone gave a brilliant detailed response to the OP comprising, say, 3 questions. But for my trip only one part of it could be useful. Would be nice if I could save the whole long post then just delete the abstracts which are of no interest to me to make the info in “My Trips” more consistent.

This is just a suggestion and no big deal, of course. There’s always good old copypasting and the e-mail option allows gathering and editing the info elsewhere. It’s just that while playing with the Save feature I felt I was missing this option and decided to check if you considered anything like that.

Thanks again.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

All good stuff - well done

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The "Save" button is back! And some other stuff, too.

Thanks for the clarification, Cora_v. I'll pass that suggestion on to our development team, and maybe we can come up with something like that in the future. For now, I suppose one could cut and paste the relevant parts of the post into the notes section of the entry as a workaround.

Also, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you described when saving a hotel. If you still notice that issue could you please send me a link to a page on which it occurs?

Thanks,

Dan

Edited: 02 March 2010, 14:29