We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't see contents in Forum

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Can't see contents in Forum

For the past 3 weeks, I have been trying to see contents in Forum posts and all the got is the 2 side panels and any texts in the middle is blank??

The only reviews I have been able to see are just hotel reviews.

Would like to ask locals about where to go and eat, etc.

My post on the forums are missing also.

RE: London reviews, etc.

Was there an upgrade and something change?

I use Mozilla Firefox.

Please help!

Thanks!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't see contents in Forum

Hi Sarlye,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble viewing pages. We had some trouble recently with a particular ad that seems to be causing some pages, mostly in the Asia forums, to load improperly. Are you seeing a Cathay Pacific ad on these "blank" pages? Also, if you try accessing TA via the Canadian site, tripadvisor.ca, are you able to view the pages properly?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't see contents in Forum

Yes, all I see is the Cathay banner and nothing underneath.

I have also checked the reply to a forum topic I posted in Feb and the reply also is not visible.

I go on at least 3 trips a year and I rely on the friendly and honest people on this site before planning my itinerary and booking my lodging and this latest development is very frustrating.

I have tried Tripadvisor.ca also and its okay but I find that its tedious to sign in again to a separate site and all my links and short cut to my profile is not there.

Thanks for looking into it and your quick response.

Sarah aka sarlye

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't see contents in Forum

OK, thanks for getting back to me, Sarah. We'll do some more work on this, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get anyone to work on it until tomorrow morning. Thanks again for your help, and for your patience.

Dan

Collegeville, Pa.
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't see contents in Forum

Several years ago I used Trip Advisor and was extremely happy with all the information that I received. Fro some reason the whole format has changed and I am having a very difficult time reading everything. Your type is very very small and I can't imagine the average person not having trouble with eye strain. Is there anyway that I can enlarge the type on my computer or is this the new format? Thank you. Carol

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't see contents in Forum

Hi fouryou

Just for info, the correct forum etiquette would be to start you own thread rather than ask a question in someone elses thereby confusing any replies that are posted. However, i may be able to help on this occasion.

If you have a mouse with a wheel, try holding down the CTRL key and at the same time move your wheel on your mouse, this "should" act as a zoom facility for your screen and the text displayed on it.

The site was changed a fair time ago, and it seems everyone has settled into it's new layout.

There are also two kinds of views available to you, one is EXPANDED and the other is ORIGINAL. To chose between the two simply find the orange "Add A New Topic" button at the top of any forum and then look along to the right and you will see the option there to either restore or change the current view.

Note however, that if your view is set to the expanded view and you want to look at the top questions section, that will open in the original view. Once you have finished with that section you will then need to expand it again.

However, once you have chosen your main view, it should remain like that as your default setting.

CB

6. Re: Can't see contents in Forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 05:18