We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe forum

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Europe forum

Have just seen the posts asking for multicountry Europe forums and was going to post and ask you to remove it.

It sounds a good idea but unless it`s attached to the main Europe forum it just doesn`t get looked at. I`ve picked up a couple of the queries but really I only saw them by accident and most of the others have no replies.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g4-Europe-Vacation…

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,040 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Europe forum

This isn't the only "ghost forum" on TA; check this thread from a few weeks back, and the TA response:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k3371654-…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Europe forum

Well that one is more lively than Europe but it`s pretty useless. They need to be attached to the continent, or else added to the destination forums as a multi state/country link. The third option is remove the offending link.

Suppose every destination has one of these "ghost forums"

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,040 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Europe forum

Sometimes (as in the case of Canada & Australia) the higher level forum actually does exist in TA's overall forum structure and can be accessed from www.tripadvisor.com/forumhome . The problem seems to exist only in situations where there is a destination summary page (for example, for United States) but no actual matching forum at the same level.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Europe forum

Country Wife.

Fixing the Europe forum has made it worse hasn`t it! Used to be a small list but now it vanishes after three questions, doesn`t even hang around as far as I can tell.

Pity people manage to find it and good that you`re trying to send people in the right direction.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Europe forum

Hi all,

Unfortunately we haven't really fixed this problem yet. We had to wait for some other changes to the Europe (et. al.) main "Tourism" pages to go through before we could work on this particular issue. I'm hoping we'll be able to get to this soon, though, now.

Thanks,

Dan

6. Re: Europe forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 05:17