We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

It appears that originally it was used for TripAdvisor to ask questions about certain travel subjects. I'm thinking that function is now replaced by the TripAdvisor Insighters Survey.

However - people are still finding that forum (I think it is still listed on the list of beyond destination forums) and posting answers to questions that were posted in 2008!

People sometimes post questions in there - no one finds them, they are just left unanswered.

There doesn't appear to be any reason to keep that forum open - would you please close it off once and for all?

Thank you!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

I knew this sounded familiar - I complained about that forum 2 years ago and it was going to be looked into...but well... Here is that original thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k2366563…

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

Close it off to further replies, no need to remove it altogether.

While you're at it, the Winter Olympics, and Soccer World Cup are now surplus and consigned to history.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,449 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

You can add the "Maps" forum & the "Sport Fan Excursion" forum to the list.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
64,581 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

I would like to add the Mexico country forum to the list. I guess it makes sense to collect all the forum threads for the country, but folks post on it and almost no one ever sees their question. (Technically, this is probably a different fix than the closure of the forums listed above.)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

I didn't even know there was a "Sport Fan Excursion" forum! :)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,449 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

bump

www.tripadvisor.ca/help/what_does_bump_mean

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,336 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

I would have to add the Traveler Articles forum to this list. *sigh*

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10745-Traveler…

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

awwww...CountryWfie - that is so sad. Asking for the forum you are DE for, to be deleted. :( It's like falling on your own sword, or something.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

OK - here is something even worse :

On the TA Asks forum - a brand new member just posted to a thread to answer a question TA asked FIVE YEARS AND ELEVEN DAYS AGO!

It reminds me of one of the old Star Trek episodes where they come across a planet where everyone there is worshiping a holographic image of a person who died thousands of years before. Like a third of their episodes were based on that story line. Something happened years prior but everyone is carrying on like it was still current.

Please TA - make it go away! Wish-it into the cornfield!

-Noah

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Please Close Off the TA Asks Forum.

Sorry for the delay, Noah. Yes, I see your point about TA Asks (and some of these other ones). I'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Dan