We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,667 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

The Air Canada ad showing up on many TripAdvisor.ca pages is so small it's illegible. (It links to this page: aircanada.com/en/… )

I know many TA members would be quite happy to overlook this. But in fairness, Air Canada helps to support TripAdvisor with their advertising dollars, so I figured I should point out this problem.

I'm using IE8 on Vista - further details available if necessary.

PS If I recall correctly, there used to be a problem with this ad on some peoples' systems; it seems that the fix has taken it right past perfect :(

Edited: 24 July 2010, 21:12
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,667 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

PS Not all Air Canada ads are affected. There's a Shanghai promo which is just fine. Ditto for the animated "Go Big - pick a destination, any destination" ad.

But the "Sights Unseen" ad with animated kites is consistently tiny.

Edited: 25 July 2010, 13:15
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,283 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

CW, had you considered using one of the "Contact Us" links in the Help Center to tell TA about this?

Luigi

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,667 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

Yes, but I thought that this method would be more ineffective ;-)

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,283 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

Neither more nor less is my guess.

Luigi

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

"The Air Canada ad showing up on many TripAdvisor.ca pages is so small it's illegible."

I'm using Firefox version 3.6.8, via Windows XP, and I just went to two TripAdvisor.ca 'pages' -- the British Columbia and Vancouver Forums -- and I did not see an AC ad at all ... yeah!!!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

Very funny, CW. A couple folks wrote to us about the Air Canada ads last week saying they were too big and were blocking parts of the page, so it sounds like maybe we at least fixed that part. Are you still seeing the smallish ad now?

Thanks,

Dan

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,667 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

Hi Dan - funny meeting you here ;-)

Of course, now that I am actually looking for that ad, I can't get it to come up. But yesterday, it was still small. It was an ad that spanned the middle column, not very tall, and listed the prices for 6 destinations - 3 Canadian & 3 international. I'll update if I see it again.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,283 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

And well done, CW! Now everyone will know how to get a response from TA.

Luigi

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

"Of course, now that I am actually looking for that ad, I can't get it to come up."

Maybe it just got even smaller? :-)

By the way, we've had a number of people on vacation over the past couple weeks, so I apologize we've in general been a bit slow to reply in here lately. We're digging out, though, slowly but surely.

Thanks,

Dan

Santa Barbara
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: TA STAFF - Please don't read this!!

HELP...I need help to figuer out how to answer someones question to me about our trip to Russia??? I have tried to check the box next to their name also have tried the compose icon...nothing happens...