We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contact us

Grapevine, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Contact us

How about making CONTACT US plain as day??? I mean come on, I have been searching all over this site for an email link.......NONE!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,144 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contact us

Hi jfiffik;

There are more than 400 “Contact Us” and “E-Mail Us” links available through the Help Centre. There is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of each page.

1. Find a topic in the Help Centre that is similar to your concern and click on it.

2. On the new page that opens, find a sub-topic that is the closest to your concern, and click on it.

3. On that Help Centre page there will be a “Contact Us” or “E-Mail Us” link in blue text that you can click on.

4. A text box will open that you can use to send TA staff an email.

While it may appear to be a complicated process just to send an email, by using the links within a specific topic, your email is sure to be delivered to the proper staff / department.

Also, the Support Forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Best Regards

va
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contact us

R.T.

I think you missed the OP's point. " Plain as day "

You state 400 ways but they are all hoops to jump through.

This topic comes up often and there are never changes.

With respect, when someone asks a question they actually want an answer and not told to just go here or there and click and find something close to your question.

Place a " contact us " on the home page ! How about flashing ?

This would greatly improve your site and also the repuation of TA.

Thank you.

Grapevine, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Contact us

"Plain as Day" is exactly what I mean, I need to send TA a message to send me my ticket again as I have deleted the email accidentally...I was signed on as a guest so no saved ticket in my profile....and no help from the 400 help links!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,631 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Contact us

TripAdvisor does not sell tickets. You must have followed a link from TripAdvisor to another website. E-mails that are deleted often go to a "recycle bin" or "deleted items" file before they are permanently deleted (depending on what program you're using), so you may still have a chance to recover the original e-mail in question. If necessary, check your credit card records to see which website you were dealing with.

Greece
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Contact us

That's not the point. The point is... there is no "working" contact us on trip advisor. I need desperately help with something and been searching for a contact form all day. All you get is links that make you go around in circles like a headless chicken...

Are you able to answer properly the questions or not? Is there a way to directly contact trip advisor staff, yes or not?

Please don't throw in the forum solution again.... just answer the question!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,144 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Contact us

JohnPap;

This forum is primarily member driven, peer-to-peer assistance. None of the people who have posted in this thread are TA staff. No one here *must* answer your question - we are all volunteers.

Being rude to people will not get you an answer.

Best Regards

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,631 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Contact us

I found this by going to the Owner's forum and searching on "widgets": www.tripadvisor.ca/ContactUs…

Edited: 12 August 2010, 21:52
Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Contact us

See post #2 #4 #5 #6 on this thread .... tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k38215…

Something;s coming but probably be a while. I though I had offered a temp quick fix. Will just have to wait an see.

However comments from us is what got other changes made so keep voicing issues, that's what this forum is all about after all.

David

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,322 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Contact us

Sorry Rescue Team - actually your responses (and those of some others) here are very unhelpful. Telling people they are in the wrong place is just plain irritating when they are feeling frustrated by the TA system - and i think there is far too much of that approach in this forum

I too have wanted to contact TA recently and it took me more than an hour of searching round and round to work out how to email my complaint to the right person. Far as I am concerned that is not good customer service at all.

Simple question - why is there not a clearly obvious contact us link on the bottom of each page - and not one that just takes you to a FAQ page either.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Contact us

Nozzie

You need to know that Rescue Team and other members that assist on these forums in particular are ordinary members like you and i that give of their FREE TIME to "tirelessly" help others, often giving the same answers time and time again. The fact that the Help Centre link is not more prominent is no fault of theirs!!

To say that their responses are unhelpful is ungrateful to say the least.

A big part of the work they do on these forums is education where we advise people that they could be on the wrong forum to post a certain question so that they know in the future where to go should they require further assistance.

In all fairness, sure... the Help Centre link "should" be somewhere more visible (the top of the page for example), something i have been campaigning for for some time now, but it apparently is not a quick and easy fix.

Once you reach the Help Centre there is pretty much a solution to be found to nearly every query and if not there is a direct link with which to contact TA directly.

There is absolutely no point in coming onto this or the Support Forum and just whinging about not being able to contact TA without explaining "why" the need is there.

If members create a topic in a more friendly and informative manner they can be directed much more easily to the correct area.

It would serve no purpose to place a contact us link at the bottom of the page when every query is different and will go to a different support team at TripAdvisor, hence the Help Centre and it's appropriate links.

So, although some members may be frustrated by the poor layout of the site and its usability with regards to problem resolution, don't shoot the messenger who is just here to help because one day these same members may find that their questions will go unanswered altogether.

Also, for information, it is disrespectful to the OP to crash their thread.

If you have a problem with the way the site is run, laid out etc, then by all means create a new topic (by using the orange button) and hopefully TA will see it and "may" respond, or alternatively contact them via the Help Centre.

CB

Edited: 13 August 2010, 11:31