We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannot edit and too difficult to find the "Contact Us" form.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
183 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Cannot edit and too difficult to find the "Contact Us" form.

I have just submitted a review, and, as is often the case when posting on forums etc, I only spotted an error in it after I`d submitted it.

This wouldn`t be a problem on most Forums because you can go back in and edit the post, but not on TripAdvisor !

Worse, it`s almost impossible to find the TripAdvisor "Contact Us" form to ask them to edit it for you !

In my opinion both these points need rectifying.

Edited: 28 July 2011, 22:06
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,328 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannot edit and too difficult to find the "Contact Us" form.

A review and a forum post are different things.

A forum post can be edit within 5 minutes of submission or before another members posts, whichever comes first.

A review cannot be edit, but you can request it to be removed and resubmit. The contact form is:

www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Silvia

Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannot edit and too difficult to find the "Contact Us" form.

I agree that having an edit button for reviews to be used prior to publication is a great idea. Like you I spotted a typo immediately after hitting submit. I do understand however why you shouldn't be able to edit after publication unless it is moderated again.

Trying to find "Contact us" has been a challenge although a recent post by someone else shed some light.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannot edit and too difficult to find the "Contact Us" form.

It's always advisable to write your reviews in a word processor, like Word, first of all and then you can save it and check it for mistakes before copying and pasting it into the Trip Advisor Review template.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
183 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannot edit and too difficult to find the "Contact Us" form.

I know you can delete then resubmit a review but that is too convoluted and takes too long.

If edited reviews must be rechecked before republication then so be it, but there really should be some way to edit them.

I tried sending a Contact Us form to point out the error in my review, but gave up when I couldn`t find said form after 2 or 3 minutes.

We know why it`s so hard to find don`t we !

TripAdvisor, like more and more organisations these days, don`t want people contacting them because it takes up their staff`s time, i.e. it costs money. Unfortunately being able to contact an organisation is a neccessary evil, making it difficult just winds people up.

5. Re: Cannot edit and too difficult to find the "Contact Us" form.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 21:17