We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

I wrote a new review to a really smashing little Restaurant/ Public House that I had found only to find it was not included In Trip Advisors list', as I tried to find the Restaurant a window asked 'did I want to add the Restaurant to Tripp Advisor's lists, I duly entered all the information twice on separate occasions. Nothing .......

I am sadly becoming disillusioned with what I thought was a great site, but sadly it is being neglected to death.

The Contact Us link is very bad and does them No favours at all only leading to frustration and a dwindling of supporters

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
1. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

HI Scar_UK,

Thanks for contacting TripAdvisor.

I'm sorry you are frustrated by our processes for submitting a new listing. We have received both of your Listing requests, which were submitted 10 and 15 days ago, respectively. The Listing Team is working through a huge backlog of submissions for new properties, restaurants, tours, attractions. They must confirm the details (business name, street address, contact numbers, email, web pages) before they can publish the listing, which is a time consuming process.

When the listing has been published, you should receive an email notification including a link to the page so that you may submit a review. We appreciate your contribution to our site, and thank you for your patience in the interim.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

Hi Jane, are you really that far away from us in the UK?

Thanks for your very quick response to my posting.

Your letter explains a lot and does help me to understand the logistics of running such a huge site, however it would help in future incidents’ of this nature if the person requesting an additional site to be added were to be made aware of the time factor involved in adding a new site.

Incidentally may I be so bold as to suggest that your ‘Contact Us’ link could include an e-mail link allowing a direct approach to the Tripp Adviser team members thus eliminating trawling through the FAQ’s list.

My kind regards

Scar_UK

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

Hi Scar_UK,

We have had numerous requests to update the auto-responses that indicate the turn-around time on submissions of reviews and listings, so that the authors are aware that it may be more than a few days before action will be taken by our staff. I know the administrators are aware that this is a source of frustration to many, but I will bring the issue to their attention once again.

We used to offer a "Contact Us" link at the top of every browser page, when our site was much smaller and the number of emails we received per day was considerably lower. Unfortunately, as the site grew, so did the number of requests for support -- the old method significantly slowed down the process of routing that support request or problem report to the appropriate team that handles the specific issues, features, options being reported or requested.

A secondary issue with the sole "Contact Us" link was that many users thought that it was the route through which they could post reviews, forum posts, Travel Articles, etc., as well as submit problem reports, complaints, and resumes/job queries.

By routing the users through our Help Center, our goal is first to provide an indexed list of common issues and explanations, so that the author has an opportunity to locate the answer without needing to correspond with our offices, and second to ensure that most of the emails submitted through the Help Center go directly to the appropriate Support Team.

Reverting to our old system, in which it was necessary for all incoming emails to be read and sorted by one of our General Support Staff Members for routing to the appropriate Support team would guarantee a far slower response time on all fronts.

The system of a Help Center which encourages the user to check the FAQ Support Pages is common on most large resource and e-commerce sites on the Internet. Direct support IS available for those instances when the FAQs do not cover the issue, or the instructions offered do not resolve the problem experienced by the user, through the links we provide within the Help Center FAQs.

We realize that our site is huge and navigation can be confusing to new members. Just as we offer peer-to-peer support for travel-related information on all of the destination/travel forums, we provide the TA Support forum for users to ask other members for help with navigation or problems encountered. And we offer the HUMTAB forum to post feedback about the site, as well as suggestions on how to improve navigation, tools or features. We are always open to new ideas and critique of the status quo, and our editors and engineers are never idle, we have a long list of improvements either on the drawing board or in the design-process for future implementation.

Thanks again for sharing your concerns and suggestions. We look forward to your continued participation and contributions on the TripAdvisor site.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Montana
Level Contributor
9 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

Sorry but I am nearly as frustrated as the original poster. I have been a member for years and at some point got two profiles going. I cannot seem to get this fixed! My account info shows the correct primary email and home airport but I am not receiving my TA subscriptions and when I go online to TA it still shows an incorrect airport for flights that I need to manually change for every search.

I am just about to take a trip to France and Italy and am sorry to not have had the benefit of updates from TA.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

Hi gfdeb,

In terms of having two accounts, you can go to the following link to get that fixed:

tripadvisor.ca/help/i_have_two_tripadvisor_a…

To change your home airport:

tripadvisor.ca/help/how_do_i_change_my_home_…

To change your subscriptions, go to Your TripAdvisor at the top, hover your mouse and then click on Subscriptions.

If that doesn't answer your questions, please write back.

FYI: This Forum (HUMTAB), Help Make TripAdvisor Better is for suggestions on improving the site. For general support questions and answers to "how to" questions, there's the Support Forum at the following link:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

L4

Edited: 26 September 2011, 04:39
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,657 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

gfdeb ~ Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your question, although connected to the contact us issue, is really a different problem than the OP's and when that is the situation, you need to post your own new question.

To solve the two profiles problem, use the contact us/email us link (blue print) on this TA page. Your post above says it all, just repeat it. It could take TA a few days to get back to you.

tripadvisor.com/help/i_have_two_tripadvisor_…

Montana
Level Contributor
9 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

Yes. Have already done that all...more than once. And, eventually found help under the old "contact us" that used to appear on your pages. Now that it still doesn't work properly, it is harder than ever to find anyone to help.

Montana
Level Contributor
9 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

Yes, after I sent the message I realized it has nothing to do with this particular thread (sorry, I had already sent it). But, it is really, really frustrating trying to figure out how to contact anyone there at TA and I seized the first link I found. Need to follow the rules...but as I pointed out to the other responder, I have already DONE all those things and my account STILL doesn't work properly. There is no good way to escalate anything at TA anymore.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,657 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

Well, I think TA Jane has answered the OP and probably has turned off her get notified button. So that means you are invisible down here with a second question on a thread.

I say post a new question on the Support Forum using the content of #4 above. Also clearly outline what you have already tried, so you don't get a repeat of the advice in #5 and 6 and so people understand where you're at.

Being a separate and unique topic on the Forum topics listings will bring some help. HUMTAB is the wrong place for your question. Here's the Support Forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Remember that TA Forums are member to member driven. HUMTAB and the Support Forum can be considered triage. Problems are assessed here and straightened out by TA members. Anything more urgent or unique can be provided with links to TA Staff from there.

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Request To Place A New Restaraunt Venue On Trip Advisor

Thank you TA staff ! I wondered what happened after I made a suggestion

for a restaurant in Benton Harbor Michigan. You did let me know you

received my request .... I just didn't reolize the time it would take. Now I

look forward to when it will be online but am reassured it will be. Thanks